Driving around as therapy

Magical Realist Offline
“Riding on the streets of loneliness
I drift on roads that take me
on unknown paths
I have become the wanderer again
in search of an ineffable nothingness...”
― Avijeet Das

https://www.menshealth.com/trending-news...20machines.

"When the topic of driving came up in a thread on Reddit last year, hundreds of users chimed in to proclaim their enthusiasm for road blazing, often without a destination and simply to unwind.

“My car is my therapist, the drive my therapy, a good playlist the soothing words I need to hear,” one user posted. “Anytime I’m upset or just need to think, I just start going and don’t stop until I feel better.”

Men know this innately: Driving is an activity uniquely suited for mental percolation.

“Going out for a drive lets us reflect and come back with greater insights,” says Eric Klinenberg, Ph.D., a professor of sociology at New York University and the author of Going Solo. “There’s something about being in the driver’s seat—with the sense of control it affords—that lets you think productively and solve problems.”

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daydreaming's dark side + Men around the world really do lack empathy C C 4 156 Jan 4, 2023 11:12 PM
Last Post: Leigha
  Brexit could literally be driving some crazy + No evidence that power posing works C C 0 176 Oct 2, 2019 12:20 AM
Last Post: C C
  Dissolve the Dead? Controversy Swirls around Liquid Cremation C C 8 856 Sep 15, 2017 10:37 PM
Last Post: stryder
  Psychodynamic therapy Magical Realist 3 572 Jun 21, 2017 11:03 PM
Last Post: C C