Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Abortion is wrong the mother must bare the child

Ostronomos Offline
In the case of rape give away the child
Magical Realist Offline
Until the 24th week we are all just throbbing blobs of unconscious meat. That's when the first brainwaves start.

"Crucially, the co-ordinated brain activity required for consciousness does not occur until 24-25 weeks of pregnancy. We cannot say when consciousness first emerges, but it cannot rationally be called before the end of the second trimester at 24 weeks of pregnancy."
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/the-m...-1.3506968
Syne Offline
As soon as you have your own unique DNA, you are, scientifically, a human life. Any abortion literally and scientifically ends a human life, which in any other circumstance, we can murder.
Don't like it? You're a science denier.
confused2 Offline
(May 6, 2022 12:52 AM)Syne Wrote: As soon as you have your own unique DNA, you are, scientifically, a human life. Any abortion literally and scientifically ends a human life, which in any other circumstance, we [call] murder.
Don't like it? You're a science denier.
So you would ask a girl to bear a child with not only the DNA of a rapist but the DNA of the rapist who raped her? I think somewhere you might have something about cruel and unusual punishments in your constitution .. to my mind forcing that on a girl is beyond 'cruel and unusual punishment' and into the the realms of barbarity. Cows are forcefully/artificially inseminated so they produce milk - that is borderline acceptable because they are cows.. girls/females are not cows.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:As soon as you have your own unique DNA, you are, scientifically, a human life.

All the cells of my body have their own unique DNA. Are you saying I commit genocide on thousands of "human lives" when I scratch my ass?
Syne Offline
(May 6, 2022 01:49 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:
Quote:As soon as you have your own unique DNA, you are, scientifically, a human life.

All the cells of my body have their own unique DNA. Are you saying I commit genocide on "human lives" when I scratch my ass?

No, you're just ignorant of science. All the cells in your body have your DNA, not DNA unique to themselves.
How many times do I have to explain the painfully simple? No one has ever claimed that individual cells are human life. "Human" is defined as an organism, not just constituent cells of said organism.

Learn basic biology already.
Magical Realist Offline
If having human DNA is what makes us human lives, then cells would have to be defined as human lives because they have human DNA. Your definition is obviously wrong. Also, a corpse has human DNA but isn't a human life. Shall I go on?
Syne Offline
(May 6, 2022 02:04 AM)Magical Realist Wrote: If having human DNA is what makes us human lives, then cells would have to be defined as human lives because they have human DNA. Your definition is obviously wrong. Also, a corpse has human DNA but isn't a human life. Shall I go on?

You poor reading skills aside, I never said "having human DNA." I said having "your own unique DNA." And since a human is defined as an entire organism, it's clearly denying science to claim anyone, other than yourself, could mistake individual cells for an entire organism. So either you're woefully ignorant, you're playing dumb, or you're not playing at all.

A human corpse is obviously a former human life. It's the organism, just no longer functioning. Human, just no longer alive.

But sure, go one demonstrating your complete ignorance of basic biology.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:I said having "your own unique DNA
Our cells have their own unique DNA which we share with them. That doesn't make them human lives. Once again your definition of human life is wrong.

Question: what is your definition of an organism? Is an embryo an organism? A zygote? A tumor? A spleen?
Syne Offline
(May 6, 2022 02:27 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:
Quote:I said having "your own unique DNA
Our cells have their own unique DNA which we share with them. That doesn't make them human lives. Once again your definition of human life is wrong.

Question: what is your definition of an organism? Is an embryo an organism? A zygote? A tumor? A spleen?

The DNA isn't unique to an individual cell then, is it? If many share something, it is not unique...just by simple definition. At this point we have to question your basic language comprehension.
Only ignorant science-deniers like you would even attempt to call cells "human lives."

In biology, an organism is any organic, living system that functions as an individual entity. All organisms are composed of cells (cell theory).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organism

An organism refers to a living thing that has an organized structure, can react to stimuli, reproduce, grow, adapt, and maintain homeostasis. An organism would, therefore, be any animal, plant, fungus, protist, bacterium, or archaeon on earth. These organisms may be classified in various ways. One of the ways is by basing upon the number of cells that make it up.
https://www.biologyonline.com/dictionary/organism

Yes, an embryo and zygote are organisms. No, a tumor and spleen are not. Try rereading the above definitions to see if they eventually sink in. If not, maybe you're just not cut out for basic biology.

Now, there are single-celled organism, but humans and their cells are not one of them. Human cells do not function as individual entities, as they function in collectives in the functioning of an individual organism.

Again, painfully basic biology to any but the most willfully ignorant. But no doubt, you'll gleefully go on repeating this ignorant twaddle ad nauseam.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to move beyond our endless disagreements over abortion policies C C 1 84 Nov 16, 2023 02:41 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Biology won’t solve your problems with abortion (philosophy of biology) C C 1 113 Oct 7, 2021 06:51 PM
  In order to exist, Reality must be free of Paradox Ostronomos 2 571 Jul 28, 2018 02:44 PM
Last Post: Ostronomos
  Science and metaphysics must work together C C 8 1,814 Dec 6, 2017 07:52 PM