Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Study: 7 in 10 people in England have had COVID-19

C C Offline
https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2022/04/...650640935/

INTRO: More than seven out of 10 people living in England -- 38.5 million people -- have caught COVID-19 since the pandemic's onset, Britain's Office for National Statistics revealed Friday. The study examined coronavirus cases that occurred in England between April 27, 2020, and Feb. 11, 2022.

The number of infected people amounts to 70.7% of the country's population, researchers found. "Today's release is a valuable piece of the puzzle for understanding the impact of the pandemic across the U.K.," the study's deputy director, Duncan Cook said, according to The Guardian... (MORE - details)
confused2 Offline
The only two people Mrs C2 and me know that haven't had covid are us. This is a small sample but I am tempted to suppose that social distancing, masks and hand washing only work if you actually keep your distance, wear the mask and wash your hands. Unlike me Mrs C2 has an active work and social life so I'm not judging this purely from the pov of someone who is bone idle and doesn't have any friends.
Yazata Offline
The situation is similar here in the United States.

According to new CDC research released yesterday, 57.7% of the US population shows serological evidence of previous covid infection. That's upwards of 170 million people.

The percentages vary by age. Among children 0-11 years old, prevalence is 75.2%. This despite widespread school closures and almost universal school masking regulations. For youths 12-17, it's 74.2%. For adults 18-49, 63.7% show serological evidence of previous infection. 49.8% among those 50-64. And 33.2% among those over 65.

They attribute the lower percentage among the over-65's to their higher rate of vaccination and more scrupulous social distancing precautions. But still, 1/3 of the elderly population appears to have had a previous covid infection. All without the mass fatalities that were feared.

What we haven't seen are the horrorific scenarios. There haven't been hospitals overrun by the desperate sick nor have dead been buried in mass graves. There was never the run on ventilators that was once predicted.

The terribly draconian measures imposed on the schools by the teachers unions haven't prevented 3/4 of school age kids becoming "cases" (without most of them even knowing it).

It appears that the vast majority of covid "cases" were indeed asymptomatic or so minor that people weren't concerned and didn't seek medical care.

Which suggests to me that most of the harm actually done by covid wasn't the direct result of the disease, but rather the result of over-aggressive government reaction to it. So in a way, covid has proven to be largely a social auto-immune disease, where it's one's own over-eager immune response doing the harm.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/m...mm7117e3_w

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did COVID lockdowns work? + Early puberty in girls caused by lockdowns, not COVID? C C 0 121 Sep 23, 2022 05:00 AM
Last Post: C C
  70% of COVID survivors in UK study had impaired memory, focus C C 0 58 Mar 17, 2022 11:23 PM
  US may run out of people eager to take COVID shots + Foods that harm your microbiome C C 0 83 Apr 19, 2021 04:31 PM
  Comparing the 3 Covid-19 vaccines in US + The 2nd COVID-19 shot triggers immune cells C C 1 165 Feb 4, 2021 01:11 AM
  Study finds over 80 percent of COVID-19 patients have vitamin D deficiency + Dentists C C 2 147 Oct 27, 2020 09:08 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  1 reason why pregnant women use pot + England & Wales rise in young people diabetes C C 0 354 Aug 20, 2018 07:52 PM