Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Mushrooms: The Good, the Bad, and the Psychedelic

C C Offline
http://calorielab.com/news/2015/08/06/mu...ychedelic/

EXCERPT: [...] Eating wild mushrooms can be very risky because poisonous and edible mushrooms can be very similar in appearance. The result of a mistake can range from a simple case of indigestion to acute liver failure and death. [...] During my formative years in North Central Florida, I had heard stories about the magic psychedelic mushrooms that grew wild here. One of my friends was a pharmacist, and knowing that drugs were his life, I figured he would be good at identifying them, so I approached him about going on a shroom hunt. [...] like Cheech and Chong our best laid plans went up in smoke. Not to be dissuaded [...] however, we managed to find a more secure field [...] where we thought we were successful in our search. But I lost my nerve and never tried them. But for those of you who want to give (non-psychedelic) mushroom foraging a try, the Missouri Department of Conservation recommends the following....
Magical Realist Offline
(Aug 7, 2015 06:01 PM)C C Wrote: http://calorielab.com/news/2015/08/06/mu...ychedelic/

EXCERPT: [...] Eating wild mushrooms can be very risky because poisonous and edible mushrooms can be very similar in appearance. The result of a mistake can range from a simple case of indigestion to acute liver failure and death. [...] During my formative years in North Central Florida, I had heard stories about the magic psychedelic mushrooms that grew wild here. One of my friends was a pharmacist, and knowing that drugs were his life, I figured he would be good at identifying them, so I approached him about going on a shroom hunt. [...] like Cheech and Chong our best laid plans went up in smoke. Not to be dissuaded [...] however, we managed to find a more secure field  [...] where we thought we were successful in our search. But I lost my nerve and never tried them. But for those of you who want to give (non-psychedelic) mushroom foraging a try, the Missouri Department of Conservation recommends the following....

"In 2006, the United States government funded a randomized and double-blinded study by Johns Hopkins University which studied the spiritual effects of the active compound psilocybin.[27] The study involved 36 college-educated adults (average age of 46) who had never tried psilocybin nor had a history of drug use, and who had religious or spiritual interests. The participants were closely observed for eight-hour intervals in a laboratory while under the influence of psilocybin.[28]

One-third of the participants reported the experience was the single most spiritually significant moment of their lives, and more than two-thirds reported it was among the top five most spiritually significant experiences. Two months after the study, 79% of the participants reported increased well-being or satisfaction; friends, relatives, and associates confirmed this. They also reported anxiety and depression symptoms to be decreased or completely gone. Fourteen months after the study, 64% of participants said they still experienced an increase in well-being or life satisfaction.

Despite highly controlled conditions to minimize adverse effects, 22% of subjects (8 of 36) had notable experiences of fear or paranoia. All subjects had never taken a hallucinogenic trip before. The authors, however, reported that all these instances were "readily managed with reassurance."======https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin_mushroom

[Image: trippyy.jpg]
[Image: trippyy.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the psychedelic therapy bubble about to burst? C C 1 132 Sep 1, 2022 11:22 PM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
  Flickering acts like psychedelic drugs + Scammers inject thousands with fake vaccines C C 0 91 Jul 6, 2021 04:27 PM
Last Post: C C
  Psychedelic mushrooms grew in man's veins + Cat parasite link: Brain cancer in people C C 0 143 Jan 12, 2021 07:27 AM
  Psychedelic drugs reduce symptoms for SOF veterans + Sex differences: taboo science? C C 1 208 Jul 28, 2020 05:30 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Denver "allows" psychedelic mushrooms + Mushrooms reduce cognitive decline risk C C 0 367 May 9, 2019 04:24 AM
  UK: late frost means magic mushrooms will bloom on New Year's Day C C 0 356 Dec 29, 2018 04:32 AM
  The unusual way magic mushrooms evolved (psilocybin, psychopharmacology) C C 1 521 Oct 26, 2018 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jon Bain
  Too much of a good thing? Very high levels of 'good' cholesterol may be harmful C C 0 442 Aug 27, 2018 06:07 PM
  Magic Mushrooms And New Concern About Psilocybin Use C C 1 448 Jan 5, 2017 01:43 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Magic Mushrooms Create a Hyperconnected Brain C C 0 798 Nov 1, 2014 04:40 AM