Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Life imitating art..

Magical Realist Offline
If they made your life into a movie, what section of the video store would we find it in? Who would you choose to direct it? Which actor would play you?
confused2 Offline
(Dec 18, 2021 09:48 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: If they made your life into a movie, what section of the video store would we find it in? Who would you choose to direct it? Which actor would play you?
I can't see any actor other than Homer Simpson being able to capture the subtlety. Homer would go into the box where you have either one cat or no cats at the same time and an infinite number of Homers would come out. I'd be a kind of idiot/evil version of Homer. I'd leave it to the usual team to direct.
Magical Realist Offline
Mine would be a dark comedy starring Mark Ruffalo and directed by Tim Burton. He's good with that "misfit trope"...
C C Offline
(Dec 18, 2021 09:48 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: If they made your life into a movie, what section of the video store would we find it in? Who would you choose to direct it? Which actor would play you?

They already made it.

I'm played by Elsa Lanchester.

Directed by James Whale.

The genre... might have transitioned to a screwball comedy today.

Wish Mischa Auer could have played a role in it.
confused2 Offline
We had an actual Homer Simpson thing this morning.
The phone rang at 6:30 am this morning :
I asked if it was the alarm and Mrs C2 said no, it's the turkey.
Personally I wouldn't talk to anyone at 6:30 am .. the turkey is ringing us up?
Turned out it was the people delivering the turkey letting us know when it would arrive not the actual turkey.
confused2 Offline
Marge cooking.
Hot and flustered.
Has a wet tea-towel at hand
To keep Homer away.