Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alien logistics: Are UFOs real? Do occupants ever need molybdenum and other supplies?

C C Offline
https://www.space.com/ufos-uap-history-s...-mysteries

EXCERPT: . . . UFOs are undeniably real; people often see things in the sky that they can't identify. But that doesn't necessarily mean there's anything exotic going on.

For example, the 1947 Roswell debris actually came from a high-altitude balloon lofted by the U.S. military as part of Project Mogul, a secret program that searched for evidence of atomic bomb tests by the Soviet Union. And the 1997 Phoenix Lights were likely caused by high-flying planes and a military flare-dropping exercise.

Alien-abduction stories are more complicated, as they tend to involve more psychological components. But some research suggests that at least some such reports may be explained by lucid dreaming, an odd sleep state in which people can control their dreams.

Project Blue Book got to the bottom of the vast majority of the 12,600 sightings it investigated, ascribing most of them to natural phenomena such as clouds, stars and bright planets. The Air Force researchers could not explain 701 of the encounters, but they concluded that none displayed evidence of otherworldly technology or posed a threat to national security.

The 2021 DNI report evinces less certainty, positively identifying just one of the 144 examined UAP. (That lone demystified object was a large, deflating balloon.) The investigators stressed that more data are needed to understand UAP, which likely have multiple explanations. For example, strange and seemingly inexplicable movement patterns "could be the result of sensor errors, spoofing or observer misperception and require additional rigorous analysis," the report states.

Advanced technology developed by foreign adversaries is another potential cause. If foreign tech is indeed behind some of these sightings, UAP would "represent a national security challenge," the report adds.

This possibility has spurred the U.S. military to take the UAP issue more seriously than ever before. In 2019, for example, the Navy formalized its UFO-reporting guidelines, a revision that could remove much of the stigma that has long been associated with sightings, as Politico noted.

The 2021 DNI assessment does not explicitly mention the alien hypothesis; it's implicitly lumped into a catch-all "other" category of possible explanations. And there are good reasons not to leap to the E.T. conclusion, experts say.

For example, the Navy pilots' sightings in 2004, 2014 and 2015 occurred in coastal waters, which is where you might expect to find advanced reconnaissance craft operated by rival nations, pointed out Seth Shostak, a senior astronomer at the SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) Institute in Mountain View, California. (Flights over the U.S. mainland would be much easier to detect.) And some of the encounters apparently occurred shortly after the Navy jets' radar systems were upgraded, suggesting a glitch of some kind might be responsible.

Indeed, it may be telling that imagery of UFOs, no matter what era it was captured in, tends to depict the objects as fuzzy blobs. "The sightings always recede to the edge of what technology allows you to do," Shostak told Space.com in 2019. "The aliens are kind of keeping pace with technology."

Common sense also argues for relatively mundane, terrestrial explanations, and not just because of Occam's Razor (the simplest explanation is usually the best one). For example, if some UFOs are indeed alien spacecraft, what exactly are they up to? "If the aliens are here, you gotta say they're the best houseguests ever, because they never do anything," Shostak said. "They just buzz around. They don't address climate change; they don't steal our molybdenum." (MORE - missing details)
Magical Realist Offline
Once again the skeptics get hung up on the alien thesis of ufos. I'd say the ET hypothesis has done more damage to the reality of ufos than even skeptics themselves. We need to withhold the speculation about who they are or where they're from and stay with the phenomenon itself, its nature and characteristics. Not saying they CAN'T be ET's. But we shouldn't confuse what we know with what we think we know about them.
Syne Offline
Until you can manage to dismiss an ET origin for UFOs, you're not going to remove the association to wild-eyed alien abduction believers. "We don't know" is just hedging around the fact that you want to leave that option open, regardless of the lack of evidence.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Maybe aliens can move between universes and need only a craft to make the leap and then sightsee. Imagine not really needing to go too far when jumping universes. Is there a sci-fi novel that covers this?
Magical Realist Offline
The movie Arrival depicted alien beings using huge stone-like monoliths to teleport from planet to planet. It wouldn't surprise me if aliens, particularly ones a million years more advanced than us, had some such ability. Many UFOs show the capacity of appearing and disappearing. Whether that's teleporting between dimensions or some cloaking capacity is a matter of speculation.

[Image: x2FJsf1ElAgr63Y3PNPtJrcmpoe.jpg]
[Image: x2FJsf1ElAgr63Y3PNPtJrcmpoe.jpg]

Syne Offline
^^ See, you can't whine about skeptics getting hung up on ET origins for UFOs when that's your go-to theory in every case. I've never seen you open with a theory of terrestrial origin. Only backpedal to it, to hedge your bets, when fending off skeptics.
Magical Realist Offline
(Oct 31, 2021 12:30 AM)Syne Wrote: ^^ See, you can't whine about skeptics getting hung up on ET origins for UFOs when that's your go-to theory in every case. I've never seen you open with a theory of terrestrial origin. Only backpedal to it, to hedge your bets, when fending off skeptics.

Keep up with the thread dufus. I was answering Zin's post about ETs. I'll speculate about what ufos are whenever I feel like it.
Syne Offline
(Oct 31, 2021 01:09 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:
(Oct 31, 2021 12:30 AM)Syne Wrote: ^^ See, you can't whine about skeptics getting hung up on ET origins for UFOs when that's your go-to theory in every case. I've never seen you open with a theory of terrestrial origin. Only backpedal to it, to hedge your bets, when fending off skeptics.

Keep up with the thread dufus. I was answering Zin's post about ETs. I'll speculate about what ufos are whenever I feel like it.

And? What does you replying to Zin have to do with anything...aside from your deflection? You only speculate in one direction. So don't whine about skeptics scoffing at ET origin claims when you're a huge purveyor of them yourself. Don't like it? Quit helping to make UFO claims all about aliens.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:What does you replying to Zin have to do with anything.

LOL The subject was ETs and about their ability to teleport thru dimensions. He then asked about a sci fi treatment of the subject. So I answered in kind. If you don't like it, shove it. I'm not here to please you in any way whatsoever.
Syne Offline
(Oct 31, 2021 02:05 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:
Quote:What does you replying to Zin have to do with anything.

LOL The subject was ETs and about their ability to teleport thru dimensions. He then asked about a sci fi treatment of the subject. So I answered in kind. If you don't like it, shove it. I'm not here to please you in any way whatsoever.

Apparently you're far too defensive, and/or dense, to understand the very simple point, that your reply to Zin was emblematic of your go-to guess about any UFO. Doesn't matter that you were talking about sci-fi...for once. It still fit your overwhelming pattern. Don't like it? Quit doing it, moron. Don't blame me when you actively promulgate the very thing you then whine about, like a bitch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Risk of forced labor is widespread in U.S. food supply, study finds (logistics) C C 0 62 Jul 25, 2023 12:31 AM
Last Post: C C
  Article Don’t call it panic buying if it’s rational (logistics) C C 0 79 May 10, 2023 08:37 PM
  Asses slain for supplements: Amazon has a donkey meat problem (product logistics) C C 0 71 Feb 28, 2023 01:44 AM
  (logistics) Starting the end of globalization + Railroad strike would kill economy C C 2 298 Sep 16, 2022 04:04 PM
  The impact of autonomous trucking on logistics C C 0 279 Aug 22, 2022 06:10 PM
  The world can’t wean itself off Chinese lithium (logistics) C C 2 251 Jul 3, 2022 01:05 AM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
  Our logistics doom: "This is not gonna end well..." (Survival Lily) C C 1 103 Jun 5, 2022 06:35 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  Our food system is about to collapse as the banks did in 2008 (logistics) C C 0 80 May 20, 2022 05:34 PM
  The logistics arm of the abortion-rights movement is gearing up C C 0 51 May 7, 2022 04:00 PM
  Russia’s halt of European gas could see ‘catastrophic’ winter prices (fuel logistics) C C 0 69 Apr 28, 2022 02:38 PM