Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thai food

Leigha Offline
There are a few amazing Thai restaurants near me, but unfortunately, I’ve never been able to duplicate my favorite Thai cuisine in my kitchen.

Do you like Thai food - if so, what is your favorite dish?
C C Offline
(Sep 21, 2021 11:27 PM)Leigha Wrote: Do you like Thai food - if so, what is your favorite dish?

Not so much favorites as the "only" ever knowingly sampled.

Sounded and looked along the line of Kai Phat Khing, but I'm purely guessing from a faded memory. And I remember a dessert involving a pumpkin or squash that was probably Sangkhaya fak thong.

Wasn't even at a restaurant.

If there was a Thai eatery anywhere within the range of an artillery shell, I might eventually garner enough menu experience to acquire a preference.

Staying away from Chingrit thot as a piquant carry-out snack, though. Dodgy
Magical Realist Offline
Haven't had much Thai food due to it being notoriously hot spicey. Is there a dish that isn't so hot? Maybe a chicken coconut soup?
C C Offline
(Sep 22, 2021 07:15 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: Haven't had much Thai food due to it being notoriously hot spicey. Is there a dish that isn't so hot? Maybe a chicken coconut soup?

In my ignorance of that first and single time, glad I dodged "khao phat nam phrik narok": rice fried with chili paste from hell.
Leigha Offline
I've only discovered Thai food a few years ago, and isn't it weird how when you discover a new cuisine, you suddenly take notice of all the restaurants in your area that specialize in it? lol I never really paid much attention before, but there seem to be Thai restaurants popping up every few blocks, over the past two years.

Of course, Pad Thai is great...but, I love their unique combinations of spicy/coconut/curry/basil dishes. Basil is such a unique flavor, and I've mainly experienced it in Italian and Middle Eastern dishes (salads mainly), but it perfectly complements Thai food.

There is so much variety with Thai food, so you don't have to go spicy, if you don't want to. I like mine set at around '7' or '8,' but I like heat. You might like their coconut and onion soup, MR. It's pretty mild, and usually, mushrooms, onions and cilantro are added. I loathe cilantro, it's always so overwhelming. Dodgy

Seaweed salad, and ''fresh rolls'' which are basically fish, rice paper, papaya and veggies wrapped up, are spice-less options, too. Light and healthy.

I love that in the US, we have this melting pot of different cultures, where we can all come together through food.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Food scientist debunks insane food hacks found on TikTok - explains what would happen C C 0 66 Oct 22, 2021 07:28 PM
Last Post: C C
  Slow cooker Thai coconut chicken soup Magical Realist 0 548 Oct 18, 2016 05:05 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist