Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Sistine Chapel (experience) is coming to a city near you

Leigha Offline
Michelangelo‘s famed Sistine Chapel is coming to cities across the U.S. thanks to high-resolution, nearly full-scale reproductions of the artist’s famed frescoes. (The originals, of course, can only be seen at the Vatican Museums in Rome.)

“Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel: The Exhibition” has been touring the globe since 2015, and previously went on view in New York beneath the soaring ribbed ceiling of Santiago Calatrava’s Oculus at the World Trade Center in 2017, under the title “Up Close: Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel.” The Renaissance master painted the chapel ceiling between 1508 and 1512, and The Last Judgment on the back wall in 1535.

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/michel...rk-1995116

I've heard and read mixed reviews about touring the Chapel - from noisy crowds and long lines, to the strictly enforced no photo or video policy. But, I'd still love to make the trip, someday. Until then...this exhibit might be worth checking out.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Don’t have to like the subject matter but I can appreciate great art. I wouldn’t go there to see it so a reproduction would do. Amazing how some people possess such artistic talent.
C C Offline
Might indeed be better than the real deal, since you can view it up close.

Giclee process, though. Still no master forgers provided with an honest occupation.