Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Losing post after clicking ''full edit''

Leigha Offline
Yesterday, when clicking ''reply'' on a thread, I was nearing the end of my post, and in the middle of it, clicked ''full edit.'' Unfortunately, my post disappeared, and I had to begin again. This doesn't happen if I click ''edit'' after posting a response to a thread, and then clicking ''full edit,'' it only happens after I click ''reply'' and then midstream of typing my post, I click ''full edit.'' Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.  Huh
Syne Offline
I don't see any edit options at all while typing a reply. Are you sure you weren't already editing a post?
Leigha Offline
Okay - sorry, totally didn't explain that correctly.

When I'm already editing using ''quick edit,'' but decide to click ''full edit'' ...while I'm still in ''quick edit'' mode, any additions/edits don't ''carry over,'' if that makes sense. If I use the top left arrow to ''go back'' a page, it takes me back to the original post, out of edit mode.

I'll just use ''full edit'' going forward.
Syne Offline
Yeah, I wouldn't expect one edit mode to be interrupted by another and keep the unsaved changes. Probably want to either start in full edit or save before going to full edit.
Leigha Offline
Yea, thought since they’re both edit modes, I wouldn’t lose the changes, but lesson learned.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not able to post videos? Leigha 3 286 Apr 4, 2021 06:35 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Forums Post permissions stryder 0 807 Oct 4, 2014 08:32 AM
Last Post: stryder