Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Losing post after clicking ''full edit''
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday, when clicking ''reply'' on a thread, I was nearing the end of my post, and in the middle of it, clicked ''full edit.'' Unfortunately, my post disappeared, and I had to begin again. This doesn't happen if I click ''edit'' after posting a response to a thread, and then clicking ''full edit,'' it only happens after I click ''reply'' and then midstream of typing my post, I click ''full edit.'' Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.  Huh
I don't see any edit options at all while typing a reply. Are you sure you weren't already editing a post?
Okay - sorry, totally didn't explain that correctly.

When I'm already editing using ''quick edit,'' but decide to click ''full edit'' ...while I'm still in ''quick edit'' mode, any additions/edits don't ''carry over,'' if that makes sense. If I use the top left arrow to ''go back'' a page, it takes me back to the original post, out of edit mode.

I'll just use ''full edit'' going forward.
Yeah, I wouldn't expect one edit mode to be interrupted by another and keep the unsaved changes. Probably want to either start in full edit or save before going to full edit.
Yea, thought since they’re both edit modes, I wouldn’t lose the changes, but lesson learned.