Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deleted Thread???

Secular Sanity Offline
I posted a comment yesterday in Leigha’s topic about the film Land. What happened to it? It’s gone.
stryder Offline
(Jun 8, 2021 02:13 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: I posted a comment yesterday in Leigha’s topic about the film Land. What happened to it? It’s gone.

Leigha deleted her initial post for some reason. (That currently causes the thread to delete, albeit a soft delete) If she want's it brought back from the dead, I can do so.
Secular Sanity Offline
(Jun 8, 2021 03:10 PM)stryder Wrote:
(Jun 8, 2021 02:13 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: I posted a comment yesterday in Leigha’s topic about the film Land. What happened to it? It’s gone.

Leigha deleted her initial post for some reason. (That currently causes the thread to delete, albeit a soft delete)  If she want's it brought back from the dead, I can do so.

Maybe she didn’t like my comment. It was just my opinion about the film. I didn’t think that I said anything that would offend her personally.

This isn’t the first time that she’s deleted an entire topic.

Why can OP delete whole thread?

I can understand deletion before someone else responds to the topic, but we shouldn’t be allowed to delete it after a response has been posted. Can you fix that, Stryder?
Syne Offline
Again, why post if we can have no trust our posts won't be deleted by others? We shouldn't have to keep track of and report our posts, no matter how old, that get vandalized.
C C Offline
(Jun 8, 2021 03:59 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote:
(Jun 8, 2021 03:10 PM)stryder Wrote:

Leigha deleted her initial post for some reason. (That currently causes the thread to delete, albeit a soft delete)  If she want's it brought back from the dead, I can do so.

Maybe she didn’t like my comment. It was just my opinion about the film. I didn’t think that I said anything that would offend her personally.

I can understand deletion before someone else responds to the topic, but we shouldn’t be allowed to delete it after a response has been posted. Can you fix that, Stryder?

I had forgotten that the 5-minute limit (or whatever it was) for deleting posts had been overturned. That revision perhaps prompted by its own triggering incident. Seems to swing back and forth like political parties in power.
stryder Offline
(Jun 8, 2021 07:14 PM)C C Wrote:
(Jun 8, 2021 03:59 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: Maybe she didn’t like my comment. It was just my opinion about the film. I didn’t think that I said anything that would offend her personally.

I had forgotten that the 5-minute limit (or whatever it was) for deleting posts had been overturned. That revision perhaps prompted by its own triggering incident. Seems to swing back and forth like political parties in power.

Originally I set it as a bonus function for members (not just random signups) so only the main posters had access to being able to "delete" their own thread. The thread itself is never truly deleted, just omitted from being queried when asked for publicly. In any even I've removed "Member can Delete their own thread" from the group generally.

It does mean if you make a mistake now though, you're going to be stuck with a thread that needs deleting, so you'll have to push me a request to remove it should that happen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Since it would now seem out of place in "Reputation, Warnings & Banning" thread... C C 5 727 Jan 25, 2017 01:45 PM
Last Post: C C