Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Soft or Hard?

Zinjanthropos Offline
Talking about ice cream. My taste buds shouldn’t care one way or the another so it becomes a matter of personal preference. I like the Dairy Queen(DQ) ice cream more but unless you have one of those machines you won’t be dispensing soft ice cream from home. I think it’s my favourite because it seems easier to eat. 

Wife & I went to DQ drive-thru last night. Had my favourite....chocolate dip. While enjoying my treat I realized something, the standard cones are rather bland. So plain and practically tasteless. I know there are specialty cones one can buy but I was thinking more of there being a surprise at the bottom inside of the cone. Like maybe a little splash of chocolate, strawberry or whatever, just to jazz it up. 

That’s where hard ice cream is better, you taste the flavor all the way as you work it to the bottom of the cone. A dipped chocolate loses its chocolate-ness at the cone rim, then vanilla the rest of the way down. If they would only give me a little chocolate at cone’s bottom then I think they’d be even more appealing.
Leigha Offline
Hard. Only texture chocolate chip mint is available, which is my fave.
Magical Realist Offline
Hard, as in Ben & Jerry's. They do a fantastic job at distributing the caramel or fudge or whatever all thruout the ice cream all the way down to the bottom.