Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Corporate

Leigha Offline
Recently watched this film, it’s French with subtitles. Riveting! Highly recommend. The plot revolves around an HR Director known for her ruthless ways, and “moral harassment.” She soon learns that her controversial (and often cruel) business tactics come with a steep cost.

It begs two questions (at least for me) - Does an employer owe an employee anything more than a paycheck for his/her work/services? Should employers be required to care about their employees’ personal lives?
C C Offline
Oh, there was a 2017 film -- not the 2006 title. At first I thought it was a Hindi film voice dubbed for French audiences.

Only 95 minutes with this one, apparently, so there's a chance I could eventually sit motionless and optically fixated for that period.

As much as I once hated dubbed films, today I almost yearn for them. What's changed in the course of the 15 years since the first "Corporate" was released is that -- unlike those days, it's difficult for me stare at the screen for circa 142 minutes straight (not excluding credits at the end). Rely too much on listening to a movie intermittently as I do one or two other things at the same time.

OTOH, last year I did get through the enormous challenge of watching 26 episodes of the German series Dark without the English sound track. But that was via only enduring the length of an ordinary, single television episode per day with respect to being motionless and optically fixated. Wink
Leigha Offline
Lol How funny you share this, as I watched this film in three separate “segments.” Kind of turned it into a limited series of my own choosing. Big Grin Like you, I’m sometimes preoccupied with another task when watching movies, so subtitles can become a chore. So, perhaps watch it in bite-size pieces so you don’t get bored...it’s well worth the watch. One of those ethical dilemma kind of films offering situations that you imagine yourself in, wondering would I have just been a dutiful soldier for the sake of my employer? The viewer always has the luxury of seeing a film with the advantage of different perspectives, so of course, I thought that the main character should have immediately pulled out and refused to do what her boss asked of her. But if I was her, would it have been as “easy” to make the ethically right decision out of the gate? I can say yes with ease from my vantage point, but for the main character, hindsight is 20/20. I think you’ll enjoy this one. Smile
C C Offline
Watched circa half of it last night as part of what seems to be turning into an unpremeditated "French film week". Hopefully the rest by day's end.

Yah, don't envy the middle-(wo)man (take the fall scapegoat) position's she's in as Stephane's long groomed "people manipulator". (Get rid of the "problem" ones minus the breaking labor-laws bloodshed of firing them.)