Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Artificial Intelligence

Ostronomos Offline
Deductive logic is a formal system inherent in cognition.

This was a statement made by Langan that was inspired by my thread "Reality is Reduced to Axioms" on sciforums.

Modern Artificial Intelligence theory seeks to solve problems related to multi-agent learning, generating knowledge required by reasoning and intelligent agent components.

If we could develop new technologies that are capable of generating knowledge and reasoning and decision making under uncertainty purely on the basis of artificial neural networks and by finding other alternatives to organic cerebral functioning then I see no reason why we cannot have a sufficiently intelligent machine capable of ordinary human function in a matter of a few years. That is my rough estimate for time.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Imagine in the future, after AI machines have laid waste to humanity and possibly all life on the planet. They're sitting around trying to figure out next step when one of them pipes up and says, ' Hey, we have consciousness, let's get stoned. Our creators did it all the time'. So they set about trying to figure how. Maybe some temporary mind blowing computer virus, some hallucenogenic oil, computer code or just removing their heads from their bodies. You know, experiencing an alternate reality. Would they be philosophizing by then? What was it like to be human, is there a god, that sort of stuff. Before you know it they're all f**ked up.
C C Offline
(Mar 20, 2021 03:40 PM)Ostronomos Wrote: [...] I see no reason why we cannot have a sufficiently intelligent machine capable of ordinary human function in a matter of a few years. That is my rough estimate for time.

If machine learning is any indication, AI "thinkers" crusading for human citizenship would rely on their mapping of statistical relationships and optimization routines to understand the world. Rather than our passion for cause-effect, principles/laws, systemic generalization, theories, and reliance on pre-established templates to coordinate data. Researchers don't even apprehend how many of the algorithms that unsupervised learning outputs for accomplishing _X_ tasks even work. The latter are like alien 'black boxes".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Artificial intelligence & personhood (crash course philosophy) C C 1 60 Jul 24, 2023 02:11 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Artificial intelligence does not disprove God and the after-life Ostronomos 0 49 Jun 21, 2022 04:32 PM
Last Post: Ostronomos
  Laws of robotics: The ethical problems of artificial intelligence C C 5 218 Aug 22, 2021 06:22 AM
Last Post: Leigha