Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Oregon Lake Has A Hole In It!

Yazata Offline
Check this out. More Oregon weirdness (it isn't just MR).

It's a low-lying area in the snowy Cascades with three lava tubes in the bottom of it, like drains!

In the spring, snow melt in the Cascades fills the low area faster than the three drains can drain it, so it becomes a shallow lake or pond. Then later in the season, when the mountain streams slow down as the mountain snow disappears, the water disappears down into the holes, turning what's know locally as "Lost Lake" into a grassy meadow until the next spring, when the cycle repeats.

Apparently there's a whole cave system down there with underground streams and stuff. There's almost certainly life in it. (Imagine if human beings were swept into the holes thousands of years ago and survived and reproduced down there. All albino-y and eyeless in the dark.)

[Image: hole4.jpg]
[Image: hole4.jpg]

http://www.opb.org/television/programs/o...ean-river/
Magical Realist Offline
I used to skinny dip there as a rebellious teen. Often times I'd throw empty beer cans down the hole and listen to them fall like cartoon bombs. Smile
C C Offline
(Sep 17, 2016 03:36 AM)Yazata Wrote: It's a low-lying area in the snowy Cascades with three lava tubes in the bottom of it, like drains! [...] Apparently there's a whole cave system down there with underground streams and stuff. There's almost certainly life in it. (Imagine if human beings were swept into the holes thousands of years ago and survived and reproduced down there. All albino-y and eyeless in the dark.)

Too bad Jules Verne and Edgar Rice Burroughs didn't know about that as an alternative fantasy route to either enter or to escape from their hollow versions of Earth.
Carol Offline
(Sep 17, 2016 07:01 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: I used to skinny dip there as a rebellious teen. Often times I'd throw empty beer cans down the hole and listen to them fall like cartoon bombs.
Might it be possible for someone to accidently fall into the hole?  An unknown race of prehumans was found in a cave in Africa.  The people who went through that hole were either dead and put in the hole as a burial of they fell in and could not get out.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kQ0SK6MUNU
It would be nice if there were a way to investigate to lost lake hole because of the possibility of finding something interesting.
RainbowUnicorn Offline
There are some extremely fascinating storys about native american Tribes living underground for years.
There is some suggestion that this might have been how they survived during large scale global natural events.
There are cave drawings which have been dated(unsure of the validity/accuracy) back thousands of years in some places.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving Lake Chippewa's Annoying Islands Yazata 2 70 Feb 3, 2024 12:11 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Falcon Lake UFO encounter Magical Realist 27 740 Jul 2, 2022 12:58 AM
  Searching for Bigfoot in Oregon Yazata 2 445 Dec 12, 2019 02:33 AM
Last Post: C C
  The French town on the edge of a giant Green Hole C C 0 254 Jun 16, 2019 02:44 PM
  As expected, astronomers capture historic first image of a black hole C C 1 396 Apr 11, 2019 10:00 PM
Last Post: Yazata
  Haunted pot shop in Oregon City Magical Realist 17 2,396 Oct 28, 2018 04:34 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Local Oregon newscast catches ufo on live cam Magical Realist 2 435 Jan 16, 2018 08:06 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Weird Events in the Oregon Skies Yazata 1 410 Nov 16, 2017 11:58 PM
  The Falcon Lake UFO encounter Magical Realist 2 584 Aug 26, 2017 11:07 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  My coming stay at the Hot Lake Springs Hotel Magical Realist 32 3,482 Jul 31, 2017 08:35 PM