Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can you fix it

Wink  cluelusshusbund Offline
"Competitions and Contests" is not acceptin new posts Sad
C C Offline
I guess it must be for management announcements of such. Might even be a packaged forum that automatically comes with the MyBB Group software, whether owners want it or not. I can see heavily populated boards being interested in contests, etc (or maybe it's the other way around, if the purpose is to attract new members).
cluelusshusbund Offline
(Oct 12, 2014 04:25 PM)C C Wrote: I guess it must be for management announcements of such. Might even be a packaged forum that automatically comes with the MyBB Group software, whether owners want it or not. I can see heavily populated boards being interested in contests, etc (or maybe it's the other way around, if the purpose is to attract new members).

Mayb our leader will figer it out when he gets back Wink
stryder Offline
I apologise for the delay. I am plotting to make the Competition forum in the Site related category for Official Competitions in the future. The reason it's locked down is to stop "unofficial" contests being proclaimed as official (If a Competition/Contest is announced there you'll be able to post a response to it, it's only thread creation that's been stopped)

It's not that I believe that any of you currently have plans to mislead anyone (especially since there isn't enough to be misled), I'm actually optimistically looking at the forum over time getting popular and sometime in the future someone might have tried to mislead everyone else. So I was attempting to put the measures in place sooner rather than later.

It's still possible to run an unofficial contest in one of the other subforums if need be.

As for official competitions.... It's going to take me a little while to sort out (since I have to go through the legal info in regards to what's necessary)
I'm considering running a competition once a month or so, obviously I'll have to document what the competition is, what's required, what the rules are and what the prize is etc. Official competitions might not start until the end of the year (or beginning of the next) I should know by mid-november.
It will seem like a while now but believe me, it's not long enough to plan (at least it's realistic)
cluelusshusbund Offline
(Oct 13, 2014 06:36 AM)stryder Wrote: I apologise for the delay.  I am plotting to make the Competition forum in the Site related category for Official Competitions in the future.

It's still possible to run an unofficial contest in one of the other subforums if need be.

As for official competitions....  It's going to take me a little while to sort out (since I have to go through the legal info in regards to what's necessary)

Cool  <-----