Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Any comments on I-wish-I-knew posts?

confused2 Offline
Quite often the forum (CC especially) brings up topics about which I know nothing but would like to know more. In the nature of my work I am often too busy (or too lazy) to trawl the Internet for more information. Being simple and obvious it is generally (what I regard as) the simple and obvious points that I would like to know more about. It may well be that my style of writing and I-know-nothing posts are irritating (contribute  less than nothing) or maybe it might inspire others with more time and/or knowledge to shed light on the point about which I clearly know nothing. Experience suggests it is unwise/unfair to pose a question on the Internet unless you have time to fully absorb the answer, my I-know-nothing post are below the level of requests for information - if information is given that is nice - no response is the expected result.

As time passes I will throw in a few know-nothing posts and watch for negative feedback on this thread.
-C2
RainbowUnicorn Offline
(Sep 1, 2018 12:34 AM)confused2 Wrote: Quite often the forum (CC especially) brings up topics about which I know nothing but would like to know more. In the nature of my work I am often too busy (or too lazy) to trawl the Internet for more information. Being simple and obvious it is generally (what I regard as) the simple and obvious points that I would like to know more about. It may well be that my style of writing and I-know-nothing posts are irritating (contribute  less than nothing) or maybe it might inspire others with more time and/or knowledge to shed light on the point about which I clearly know nothing. Experience suggests it is unwise/unfair to pose a question on the Internet unless you have time to fully absorb the answer, my  I-know-nothing post are below the level of requests for information   - if information is given that is nice - no response is the expected result.

As time passes I will throw in a few know-nothing posts and watch for negative feedback on this thread.
-C2

your mind is snow-balling
... which as you state is counter to what you prefer as a process of simple function.
this points to a probable event or happenstance of occluding stimuli that is discordant with your most desired functional range harmonic.

i will bookmark this thread so i can come back to it.
post links to your questions in here if you wish.

on busy weeks i work about a 70 hour week, on slow weeks i work about a 40 hour week.
soo sometimes when i go online i vet what i interact with to pander to my required emotional needs and time restrictions.
this does not represent a value of others content or ideas.
simply a fact of self management.
RainbowUnicorn Offline
*looks in the door again & notices nothing posted*
are we working with a weekly time line maybe ?
confused2 Offline
RU Wrote:*looks in the door again & notices nothing posted*
Might be an example of a successful therapy.
Like you keep pulling your hair out. You say to the therapist "I keep pulling my hair out." and the therapist asks you whether you think that might possibly be a stupid thing to do. Maybe I'm cured. Maybe not. We shall see in the fullness of time.
C C Offline
(Sep 4, 2018 10:55 PM)confused2 Wrote:
RU Wrote:*looks in the door again & notices nothing posted* are we working with a weekly time line maybe ?

Might be an example of a successful therapy. Like you keep pulling your hair out. You say to the therapist "I keep pulling my hair out." and the therapist asks you whether you think that might possibly be a stupid thing to do. Maybe I'm cured. Maybe not. We shall see in the fullness of time.

In some cases, the therapist dragging out his or her job security as long as possible may not even matter. Imagine, for instance, if Dr Jennifer Melfi had immediately brought up that being a mobster and a family man at the same time might be contributing to Tony Soprano's panic attacks slash clinical depression. Just keep taking the Prozac, Tony. Trying to quit would be lethal, anyway.

~
RainbowUnicorn Offline
(Sep 4, 2018 10:55 PM)confused2 Wrote:
RU Wrote:*looks in the door again & notices nothing posted*
Might be an example of a successful therapy.
Like you keep pulling your hair out. You say to the therapist "I keep pulling my hair out." and the therapist asks you whether you think that might possibly be a stupid thing to do. Maybe I'm cured. Maybe not. We shall see in the fullness of time.

Expresso thoughts
Biscotti Time
Chocolate mud cake moods
some times these things can be somewhat cyclical.
and instead of sitting in your box car at the top of a hill teetering waiting for any gust of wind to start you off
you make sure your only half way up next time and you have checked the steering is working and the brakes are working(or you have a safe place to crash with minimal managable injury).

over thinking & exccesive talking & missing the point & getting things backwards is something i manage to do quite well from time to time.
until someone invents a time machine im just going to have to learn to live with it
... an try & save me a peice of Chocolate whiskey mud cake

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Posts? stryder 1 499 Dec 1, 2017 03:16 AM
Last Post: Secular Sanity
  additional option for new posts option button ? RainbowUnicorn 1 536 Aug 12, 2017 07:51 PM
Last Post: C C