Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

#oneless

Zinjanthropos Offline
From the video I think it is pretty obvious which of the three instruments on display is the most dangerous. Two of them require the 3rd one before they become deadly.
C C Offline
(Apr 4, 2018 02:08 AM)Syne Wrote: [video]

Good shooting prior to the full semi-automatic phase. Accuracy seems to become less relevant with the latter, even if still maintained. (Exception being movies and TV shows, where a rapid spray of bullets suddenly demands incredible accuracy to ever hit / kill the key protagonist.)

- - -

(Apr 5, 2018 12:39 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: From the video I think it is pretty obvious which of the three instruments on display is the most dangerous. Two of them require the 3rd one before they become deadly.

Could be a good slogan: "The most dangerous and unregulated weapon is a human being."

But totalitarian states (ironically much in the know about the untapped potential of their subjects, despite the latter's peasant-laden history) took it into account long ago with their utopian micro-management of civilians. Even if never publicly formalized that way.

~
Zinjanthropos Offline
Quote:"The most dangerous and unregulated weapon is a human being." 

I like it CC. I haven't pay much attention to the HS shootings, maybe because they happen with regularity these days, but I think your slogan should be emailed to their lobby/protest group.
Syne Offline
(Apr 5, 2018 12:39 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: From the video I think it is pretty obvious which of the three instruments on display is the most dangerous. Two of them require the 3rd one before they become deadly.
Good point. People seem to have forgotten the wisdom of the saying, "guns don't kill people, people kill people".
(Apr 5, 2018 05:51 PM)C C Wrote: Good shooting prior to the full semi-automatic phase. Accuracy seems to become less relevant with the latter, even if still maintained. (Exception being movies and TV shows, where a rapid spray of bullets suddenly demands incredible accuracy to ever hit / kill the key protagonist.)  
Obviously, the whole thing is a spoof of people sawing their barrels, supposedly destroying the gun but incidentally creating an illegal weapon (highly regulated short-barreled rifle). The "full semi-automatic" phrase came from a dumb CNN report.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:The "full semi-automatic" phrase came from a dumb CNN report.

Actually it came from some dumbass gun nut. I thought they were the gun experts.
confused2 Offline
Youtube+dickhead+gun .. how can it possibly fail to attract views? Allowing the crap to flow unhindered I see a young man shooting a tree to show a chainsaw is more dangerous than a gun... but no, he has a greater message, dickheads need guns, even have a duty to have guns, so the government can't subdue them by force of arms. Maybe not having to deal with dickheads like this is a good and sufficient justification for education.
confused2 Offline
5 million dickheads with guns will get more attention than 5 million dickheads without guns. Seen from the outside I'm not sure the guns are really necessary at the moment.