Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Teleportation and rats

confused2 Offline
Yesterday I took the floor up to replace a cable that 'something' had nibbled through. Under the floor I found a Cadbury's Wispa wrapper. Pretty much a whole wrapper still in Cadbury's Wispa shape - that is to say the wrapper hadn't been dragged through a tiny hole - it had been teleported whole and the contents eaten at the teleport destination. Mrs C. did admit to having the occasional Wispa though did not recall one disappearing - even so the coincidence is too great to ignore - a whole bar of chocolatey stuff moved from above the floorboards to below the floorboards without there being a hole large enough for the item to pass through.

After an earlier rat exclusion scheme Mrs C. claimed she could hear a rat.
"Not possible." I claimed and invited her to listen under impartial supervision. After several minutes of impartial supervision and silence there was a frantic scuttling noise followed by a soft thud as (presumably) ratty hit the latest exclusion barrier followed by a piteous "Eeeeeeeeeeeeee" as Ratty discovered the consequences of running into something he wasn't expecting to be there. I didn't catch Ratty, he didn't die (no horrible smell and flies) - he simply vanished. Teleported?
Zinjanthropos Offline
I don't know C2, what else can it be? Vanishing cream missing from Mrs C's collection?
C C Offline
(Jul 14, 2017 11:23 PM)confused2 Wrote: Yesterday I took the floor up to replace a cable that 'something' had nibbled through. Under the floor I found a Cadbury's Wispa wrapper. [...] After an earlier rat exclusion scheme Mrs C. claimed she could hear a rat. "Not possible." I claimed and invited her to listen under impartial supervision. After several minutes of impartial supervision and silence there was a frantic scuttling noise followed by a soft thud as (presumably) ratty hit the latest exclusion barrier followed by a piteous "Eeeeeeeeeeeeee" as Ratty discovered the consequences of running into something he wasn't expecting to be there. I didn't catch Ratty, he didn't die (no horrible smell and flies) - he simply vanished. Teleported?

Rats can wriggle through gaps or openings only a half-inch wide. The oldest rats might need an inch.

- - -