Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2nd year Anniversary

Thumbs Up  stryder Offline
The site it coming up to it's 2nd year birthday. 

That doesn't sound much really but considering that throughout that time the longest downtime has only been a matter of hours that's pretty much and accomplishment.  Usually forums tend to breakdown at some point and it takes a while for them to get back up and running.

I consider that I have to do something special when it reaches it's birthday as it's something for people to have the change to get involved in.  This year though I'm not entirely sure what to do, last year we did a simple raffle and the outcome was some money being sent to various charities.  (Which to be honest turned out to be a monumental pain since apparently certain American charities want American addresses even if you are an "anonymous donor", something to do with IRS I guess)

In any event this year, I'm going to humbly decline trying to knock down the doors of charities to give them $10's (okay it was a little more than that, but it's still more work than it should have been)

If I/we intend to have some prize again, I think it should be something that's inline with the actual sites topic.... Science.  So perhaps a hardback, paperback, electronic print science related book, subscription to something science based or a ticket to something science related.  something along those lines.  (I did consider a Junior Chemistry kit for a laugh last year but I was more worried about what concoctions I'd make with it)

If you should spy anything that you think could work, don't hesitate to mention it.