Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chris Hadfield debunks space myths

C C Offline
Cosmology's collective delusion? Dark Matter Doesn't Exist
https://iai.tv/articles/dark-matter-does...-auid-2180

INTRO: The current cosmological model only works by postulating the existence of dark matter – a substance that has never been detected, but that is supposed to constitute 75% of the universe. But a simple test suggests that dark matter does not in fact exist. If it did, we would expect lighter galaxies orbiting heavier ones to be slowed down by dark matter particles, but we detect no such slow-down. A host of other observational tests support the conclusion: dark matter is not there. The implications of this are nothing short of a revision of Einstein’s theory of gravitation. Why the scientific community is in denial about the falsification of the dark matter model is a question that requires both a sociological and philosophical explanation, argues Pavel Kroupa... (MORE - details)
confused2 Offline
From CC's post..
Quote: a simple test suggests that dark matter does not in fact exist. If it did, we would expect lighter galaxies orbiting heavier ones to be slowed down by dark matter particles,
. 'Simple' suggests that anyone (including me) would understand and agree with the simple logic. If dark matter (as widely advertised) doesn't interact with ordinary matter then it won't (as of I would not expect it to) slow down ordinary matter by (for example) exchange of momentum because the main feature of not interacting is that it doesn't collide and exchange momentum. Not sure where he's coming from (or going) with this point.
C C Offline
(Jul 14, 2022 12:48 AM)confused2 Wrote: From CC's post..
Quote: a simple test suggests that dark matter does not in fact exist. If it did, we would expect lighter galaxies orbiting heavier ones to be slowed down by dark matter particles,
. 'Simple' suggests that anyone (including me) would understand and agree with the simple logic. If dark matter (as widely advertised) doesn't interact with ordinary matter then it won't (as of I would not expect it to) slow down ordinary matter by (for example) exchange of momentum because the main feature of not interacting is that it doesn't collide and exchange momentum. Not sure where he's coming from (or going) with this point.

Kornee's MOND pitchman was based in the UK. This guy's group is promoting MOND from Germany.

One is tempted to ask why the French are seemingly absent from this recent spurt of activity, but that's probably due to a spurious homophonic correlation transpiring subconsciously (i.e.,  haut monde, or just monde).
RainbowUnicorn Offline
i thought dark matter & dark energy had been scientifically proven beyond doubt already twice after theoretical models were suggested some 10 years ago

i postulated dark matter/energy about 25 years ago fyi
push comes to shove i would be able to locate a sciforums thread where i was postulating it in conversation with someone else who concluded with me that the theory seemed logical.

im not trying to lay claim to anything
im just highlighting the fact that many very smart people have spent a great deal of time on this for many years and they have not just pulled a random idea out of their butts
confused2 Offline
Major discovery! First announcement here at Scivillage..
To the extent (if any) that galaxies bother with gravity they are using 'pretty gravity' which is whatever it takes to get the best visual effect.