Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Autocorrect/spell check
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been noticing that if I have a typo (for example, in an earlier post this morning, I mistakenly typed ''coincidee'' instead of ''coincide.'') the site doesn't put a line underneath the word, to alert me to the typo or misspelling. I'm not sure if it ever did, lol I'm just now taking notice of it. Is this a glitch?
Site probably doesn't come into play until a message is submitted. Might be a bug in a recent update of the browser.

Or the spell-checker of the browser might be intermittently freezing up from lack of resources. Anti-malware might be running automatic scans in the background or downloading and installing updates, or other apps doing that... Consuming resources at the time, depriving the browser of them. But if the device or computer is topnotch and has oodles of memory, cache, and processing speed... something else.
I could try to clear the history, and cache files, that might help. Thanks, CC!

If that doesn't work, I'll just have to do a better job of proofreading before posting my reply. lol