Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: DIY protection of chocholate treats (UK) + DIY grassroots protest of meat buying (NZ)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Woman outraged by fiancé's safe in the fridge locking away his chocolates
https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/18/woman-out...-10762831/

EXCERPT: . . . But one man went to extreme lengths to stop his fiancée and child from eating his treats. The dad decided to purchase a mini-safe to be kept in the fridge. And to add to the burn, he opted for a transparent one so the family could see what they’re missing out on. Naturally, his partner, Stacey Lowe, was not impressed. She took to Facebook to post images of his safe, complete with Oreo Dairy Milk, Double Deckers and other sweet bits.

The post racked up more than 48,000 likes and over 105,000 comments. Clearly, other people can relate. She wrote: ‘So this is what it has come too! You buy a house together, have a child together, get engaged, are planning a wedding and doing your house up and this happens! Dave goes and buys a f*cking fridge safe because he’s an a*sehole and doesn’t want to share his chocolate with me anymore! Does anyone want him? Surely this is breakup material, right?! Prick!’

Many, many comments on the post said they need one of these safes. Others said it just means Stacey has to work for her treats but should be able to get to them (by breaking it, cracking the code, or asking her fiancée for it). (MORE - images)

Lockabox One (Made In Britain): £29.95
Compact and hygienic lockable box for food, medicines and home safety. - [Example function only; no literal commercial purpose intended.]
[Image: Lockabox-Crystal-1024x1024_219x.progressive.jpg]

Vegan Protestors Storm Supermarket And Try To Stop Customers From Buying Meat
https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-prote...t-20190918

EXCERPT: A group of animal rights protesters stormed a supermarket and tried to stop customers from buying meat products. The band of animal lovers from Direct Action Everywhere were dressed in black and formed a human barricade along the meat aisle at the Countdown supermarket in Auckland, New Zealand, on Sunday. Some of the protesters had their mouths taped shut and held up signs which said "Stop eating animals" and "It's not food it's violence".

The stunt was filmed and posted online. In the video, frustrated shoppers can be heard shouting abuse at the protestors, claiming their actions were "disgusting" and telling them to leave the store. One customer says: "Get out of my face. I'm disgusted you guys are even here in my supermarket when I'm buying my food. You disgust me."

[...] However, Anna Rippon, the the leader of the group, said it was "peaceful". In the video she says: "We are here on a peaceful protest for the victims who don't get seen or heard behind closed doors and are lying dead behind us now." The protesters did eventually leave the store, shouting "It's not food it's violence" as they did. Another member of the group, Deno Stokes, defended their actions and claimed they weren't doing anything extreme. (MORE)
Bump.
And bump again.