Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Can dogs see ghosts/spirits?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've always wondered if dogs (and pets in general) could ''sense'' ghosts, or paranormal spirits. But, this article debunks that idea. There's not only no scientific proof that dogs can sense ghosts, but...our own beliefs and perceptions might be what we attach to our pets.  Dodgy

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/advice...s-spirits/
A gf of mine claimed that her new dog could sense the presence of her recently departed old dog. What I saw was a dog that refused to go into the same corner of the room where the previous dog slept. Anywhere else in the house was OK. Was it a ghost?
(Sep 5, 2019 01:57 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: [ -> ]A gf of mine claimed that her new dog could sense the presence of her recently departed old dog. What I saw was a dog that refused to go into the same corner of the room where the previous dog slept. Anywhere else in the house was OK. Was it a ghost?

The (scent) ghost of Christmas past.

When we were kids, my brother had a dog named Christmas.
Cats are as weird as ghosts..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiuJSU4TLCY
(Sep 6, 2019 03:56 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: [ -> ]5 dogs that saw ghosts..

Who hasn’t seen a dog react like that for whatever reason? 3 of those vids involved a door(way) one a statue and the other looked like the dog wasn’t familiar with the large artwork hanging in the hallway. As usual, key the spooky music and numbers dripping blood. Any reason the vids are accompanied with this?
Quote:3 of those vids involved a door(way) one a statue and the other looked like the dog wasn’t familiar with the large artwork hanging in the hallway.

Right, because everyone knows dogs are afraid of doorways, statues, and artwork on the wall.

Quote:As usual, key the spooky music and numbers dripping blood. Any reason the vids are accompanied with this?

To relay the emotion of actually being there when it happened I imagine.
(Sep 6, 2019 05:38 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:3 of those vids involved a door(way) one a statue and the other looked like the dog wasn’t familiar with the large artwork hanging in the hallway.

Right, because everyone knows dogs are afraid  of doorways, statues, and artwork on the wall

Things can be hidden behind doors or corners that will cue a dogs apprehensiveness plus something strange or new as in artwork could also give Rover the Yips. Dog owners have probably seen this behaviour many times. 

I like the woman who was telling the spirit(?) to buzz off. Added dramatic effect, pretty funny. Compelling in that there’s no proof of ghosts in these videos. Rolleyes
Quote:Things can be hidden behind doors or corners that will cue a dogs apprehensiveness plus something strange or new as in artwork could also give Rover the Yips. Dog owners have probably seen this behaviour many times.

No they don''t. You're just making shit up again. Dogs don't get scared of doorways, statues, or artwork. They were reacting to something we can't see.
I will admit, I want to believe. I want to believe in ghosts...and the paranormal. It just doesn't seem all that impossible to me.
Pages: 1 2