Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Donald Trump's great storm tracking fiasco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Remember the days when our presidents wouldn't lie and make up shit?

https://www.spin.com/2019/09/trump-sharp...abama-map/

"During an Oval Office briefing held Wednesday afternoon, President Trump showed reporters a map of Hurricane Dorian’s projected path along the East Coast. Upon closer inspection, the map provided by the National Hurricane Center appeared altered, as if someone drew a bubble with a black marker. Presumably, either Trump or an aide doctored the map to justify the president’s repeated misconception that Dorian is poised to hit Alabama, despite all scientific evidence to the contrary. According to the National Hurricane Center’s animated forecast map, Dorian won’t touch Alabama.

Ryan Breton

@RyanBretonWX
Can't let this go unnoticed. @realDonaldTrump displayed a doctored version of the @NHC_Atlantic forecast for #Dorian.

The black extension past Florida did not exist; that's not how forecast cones are drawn.

When asked by a reporter about the altered map, Trump said, “I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know.”

Andrew Feinberg

@AndrewFeinberg
Asked again about the sharpie marks, all he can say is “I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know.”

That’s not a denial.

TPM Livewire
@TPMLiveWire
Trump seems to show a map of Hurricane Dorian with a bubble scribbled in to include Alabama in the storm's path

The weird saga began on Sunday, when the president tweeted a warning to residents of Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama about the then-category 5 hurricane headed their way. The problem was that Alabama wasn’t actually on Dorian’s projected path. Even if he was trying to be helpful, the president most likely scared residents of that state for no reason. About 20 minutes later, the Birmingham, Alabama, branch of the National Weather Service tweeted that Dorian would not be hitting Alabama, but by that point, the president was already repeating his erroneous warning to a gaggle of reporters outside the White House. The president repeated that claim at a FEMA briefing about an hour after the South Lawn gaggle.

NWS Birmingham

@NWSBirmingham
Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east. #alwx

Instead of just admitting an honest mistake and moving on, the president insisted on dying upon the Alabama hill on Monday by flaming ABC News reporter Jon Karl for just doing his job and fact-checking Trump’s tweet. Here is Trump’s absolutely deranged reaction for having a mistake pointed out to him:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
· Sep 2, 2019
Such a phony hurricane report by lightweight reporter @jonkarl of @ABCWorldNews. I suggested yesterday at FEMA that, along with Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina, even Alabama could possibly come into play, which WAS true. They made a big deal about this...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
....when in fact, under certain original scenarios, it was in fact correct that Alabama could have received some “hurt.” Always good to be prepared! But the Fake News is only interested in demeaning and belittling. Didn’t play my whole sentence or statement. Bad people!

It’s pretty clear that the president’s brain isn’t firing on all synapses, and hasn’t been for awhile, but no one seems to want to do anything about it."
This silly outrage is just to distract from the fact that many leftists were explicitly hoping it would hit Florida, regardless of the collateral damage from their Trump hatred.
(Sep 4, 2019 11:35 PM)Syne Wrote: [ -> ]This silly outrage is just to distract from the fact that many leftists were explicitly hoping it would hit Florida, regardless of the collateral damage from their Trump hatred.

LOL! And so why would the great liberal conspiracy want Dorian to hit Florida?
(Sep 4, 2019 11:39 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 4, 2019 11:35 PM)Syne Wrote: [ -> ]This silly outrage is just to distract from the fact that many leftists were explicitly hoping it would hit Florida, regardless of the collateral damage from their Trump hatred.

Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort.
(Sep 4, 2019 11:50 PM)Syne Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you have any evidence liberals wanted Florida demolished just to destroy Trump's sleazy resort?
(Sep 4, 2019 11:52 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 4, 2019 11:50 PM)Syne Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you have any evidence liberals wanted Florida demolished just to destroy Trump's sleazy resort?

The link is right there, moron. Hurricanes are not sharpshooters.
Here's another: https://time.com/5665303/canada-prime-mi...pologizes/
And: https://twitter.com/hashtag/maralago?lang=en
Quote:The link is right there, moron. Hurricanes are not sharpshooters.

lol Wow. So just two people in the whole world express the desire that Mira Lago be destroyed and suddenly it's "the leftists"? You really are a conspiracy nutcase aren't you? I bet you have a whole arsenal of guns to protect yourself with don't you?
(Sep 5, 2019 12:02 AM)Magical Realist Wrote: [ -> ]

lol Wow. So just two people in the whole world express the desire that Mira Lago be destroyed and suddenly it's "the leftists"? You really are a conspiracy nutcase aren't you? I bet you have a whole arsenal of guns to protect yourself with don't you?
See the Twitter link I posted, with many expressing the same thing.

What, did you edit your reply "4 minutes ago" to remove that link from your quote? Dodgy
(Sep 5, 2019 01:13 AM)Syne Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 5, 2019 12:02 AM)Magical Realist Wrote: [ -> ]

See the Twitter link I posted, with many expressing the same thing.

What, did you edit your reply "4 minutes ago" to remove that link from your quote? Dodgy

Still nothing saying it's leftists who want this. Is this how you prove your conspiracy theories, thru anonymous twitter posts?
(Sep 5, 2019 01:28 AM)Magical Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 5, 2019 01:13 AM)Syne Wrote: [ -> ]See the Twitter link I posted, with many expressing the same thing.

Still nothing saying it's leftists who want this. Is this how you prove your conspiracy theories, thru anonymous twitter posts?

There's no conspiracy in a bunch of people just telling us their wish fulfillment. Not a secret and no coordination necessary. And only those suffering TDS would wish for such things, that would have obvious innocent collateral damage. Like Bill Maher wishing for a recession that would hurt tons of people.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5