Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: "Ghosts" of boy & pet captured on home security camera + UFO Welcome Center of SC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could a clean and transparent, but still marginally reflective glass be situated in front of a (not actually mounted where it would normally be security) camera from a second floor viewpoint, so that it vaguely mirrored activity to the rear of and angled to the side of the camera? (B&W, already poor resolution of the camera supplying additional graininess.) Perhaps not. Even if you set up a blank background (paper or whatever) behind the mildly illuminated, moving "boy/pet" to ensure nothing but them got very poorly reflected on the glass, seems like the camera itself would be faintly and fuzzily captured on its surface as well.

Ghost of a boy & his pet captured on home security camera in early hours
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...rning.html

INTRO: Man claims his home CCTV has captured the ghost of a boy and his pet wandering around his house in the early hours. Joey Nolan shared his home's CCTV from August 8 and wants peoples ideas. The clip shows the outline pottering around the house and sitting comfortably. Walks across the two floors while the cat relaxes seemingly unfazed, at 12.54am. People say it was a 'great catch!' and that it is 'definitely more than an orb spirit'. (MORE) ... RELATED (skeptics): How to make a ghost video

South Carolina's UFO Welcome Center
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/geek-road-...ome-center

EXCERPT: . . . Jody Pendarvis began building something on the grassy lawn in front of his mobile home in 1994 with no clear intention for his creation. [...] Now, the silver, three-story dome-shaped structure exists with the stated purpose of attracting UFOs to Earth. I visited the UFO Welcome Center on a late spring weekday. Several people had already signed the guest book that day prior to my early afternoon arrival. [...] According to Pendarvis, multiple people visit the UFO Welcome Center on a daily basis. It's open to the public even when he's not home. "I don't mind one bit," he says, giving visitors the okay to come at any time of day. "They can go in, walk up, and have a good old time."

The UFO Welcome Center attracts a variety of people, though the initial clientele skewed older. "...I'm getting people from around the world," Pendarvis says. "I had some sign the book the other day from Ireland and yesterday from Ukraine. Within the last six months, I had some from China stop by." Visitors from farther away usually know of the UFO Welcome Center from Pendarvis' media appearances [...]

Pendarvis views his creation as more than just a roadside attraction. When asked if he genuinely built the UFO Welcome Center in hopes of attracting aliens, Pendarvis' answer is an earnest affirmative. [...] He explains that someone spotted a UFO in 1999 just eight miles away from his structure, and that he saw one himself at 3 a.m. one weekend that same year...

Pendarvis limits whom he speaks with, trying to only talk to people who take him seriously. [...] The town of Bowman, which is home to fewer than 1,000 people appears to take Pendarvis seriously, however. They offered to make the UFO Welcome Center an official landmark. That would require a loss of control, though, so he turned them down. For as long as Pendarvis is alive, he'd like to be in charge of the Center. "If I'm not mistaken," Pendarvis claims, "after I'm dead, the town will tear mine down and create a better one because it's already a big tourist attraction." (MORE - details)

The figure appears nebulous and half-formed as apparitions tend to be. If it had been a reflection, it would look like a complete human figure only transparent. Also the apparition walks exactly where one would walk in that room. I don't see the pet. Just a white blob that moves around. I think it is a real apparition caught on camera..

PS--how do you post a video in this forum so it is shown in the post?
Looks like a coincidental camera obscura effect. Someone likely moving outside the window/glass doors below the camera, where the light brightens at the very end.