Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Do you ever cook with ghee?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been watching this vegetarian chef on youtube, and while I'm not a vegetarian/vegan (tried it for a brief time, but I enjoy eggs, chicken, etc so...nah) I like incorporating some different ideas into my meals. She uses ghee in one of her mock chicken wings recipes for the buffalo sauce. (in place of chicken, she used cauliflower)

Here is a link about ghee. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321707.php

Looks like the main health benefit, would be less lactose than butter. 

Do you cook with ghee?
Well, if even humble Walmart carries ghee, then it has got to have been in plain sight at many places -- ubiquitous all this time. Now that I'm familiar with the concept, perhaps the concrete item itself will no longer be invisible to me while carting down the applicable aisle. Wink

"The thesis of Psychological Nominalism claims that to be aware of something, x, one must have a concept for x. But there is a flip side to this. If one has a concept of x, one can be aware of x’s. With the concept of x in hand, that is, you can notice all sorts of things you didn’t notice before you had that concept. For instance, a physicist looks at a puff of smoke in a cloud chamber and sees an electron discharged. She comes to have non-inferential knowledge of something we might not, as she has certain concepts we don’t as laypeople, as well as an ability to apply them directly to her experience. In other words, perception is concept-laden, and depending on what concepts you have, you can perceive different things. (Wilfrid Sellars wasn’t the first to articulate this connection, but his development of it made for a revolutionary understanding of thinking and perception)."
lol That's very true, CC. I didn't know much about ghee either, in particular, that it's easy to "make" at home.