Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Science might explain your weird & emotional airplane behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm. Most of the time, I just take naps during flights. Do you exhibit any quirky or emotional behavior when you fly?

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/14/741619152...e-behavior
Quote:. . . me, on land: what kinda goddam freak drinks tomato juice

me, on an airplane: yum yum yum it's tomato juice time bitch woooooooooooooooooooo
— Brandon Wardell (@BRANDONWARDELL) August 23, 2017

Don’t know why but my drink of choice on an airplane is always ginger ale. I don’t drink it any other time except when I’m 10,000+ feet in the air
— Eric Lauer (@e_lauer10) February 11, 2018

Ugh, flashback to when I was sitting near a request for jellyfish in black vinegar. Just amazed how some passengers can even identify or put to words what they're craving. OTOH, maybe _X_ is a popular dish back where they're from or where they visit often. Just alien or unknown to me.
Lol CC, so true

I’ve not paid much attention to what others are ordering, but I’m going to be more astute during my next flight! Big Grin

Interestingly, I don’t like napping on land but in flight? I fall asleep so quickly. Maybe there’s an underlying fear of being out of control during a flight and sleep helps me escape? Hmm.