Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: How To Tell If A Trump Supporter Is Racist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/50211/pra...nis-prager

Leftists don't only label the half of the country that supports the president "racist," they label all whites and America itself "racist."
Every conservative and many liberals know this is a big lie. The great question is: Do leftists believe it? It is impossible to know. But this we do know: If you repeat something often enough, and if your Weltanschauung (worldview) and that which gives your life meaning are dependent upon believing something, you will eventually believe it.

So here is a way to show it is a lie.

Ask any white conservative, including one who supports Trump, the following three questions:

1) Do you have more in common with, and are you personally more comfortable in the company of, a white leftist or a black conservative?

2) Would you rather have nine white leftists or nine black conservatives on the U.S. Supreme Court?

3) Would you rather your child marry a black Christian conservative or a white non-Christian liberal?

A white racist would prefer the whites in each case.

I have asked these questions of thousands of Trump supporters at lectures and on my radio show. Not once has a white Trump-supporting conservative said he or she would be more comfortable in the presence of a white leftist than a black conservative, or would prefer an all-white liberal Supreme Court to an all-black conservative Supreme Court. Not once has a white Christian conservative said he or she would prefer their child marry a white non-Christian liberal to a black Christian conservative.

And the reverse is true. Leftists hate women, blacks, gays, etc. who don't agree with their politics, and use more sexist, racist, homophobic language against them than the vast majority of Trump supporters ever would.
I think that part of the issue is that people who tend to support Trump, simply don't care about his racism. They place other political and social issues above Trump's character, in terms of priorities. So, not all Trump voters are racists, themselves, but that still doesn't matter if they plan to vote a racist into office, again. There could be a third category, I suppose - some Trump voters don't see Trump as racist at all...not sure if that is just ignorance, or apathy.
(Aug 4, 2019 07:56 PM)Leigha Wrote: [ -> ]I think that part of the issue is that people who tend to support Trump, simply don't care about his racism. They place other political and social issues above Trump's character, in terms of priorities. So, not all Trump voters are racists, themselves, but that still doesn't matter if they plan to vote a racist into office, again. There could be a third category, I suppose - some Trump voters don't see Trump as racist at all...not sure if that is just ignorance, or apathy.

No, it's that he is not racist, and you've done nothing to show otherwise. He has plenty of character flaws without inventing ones that do not exist. The ignorance or apathy (in believing leftist talking points uncritically) are yours.

President Trump triggered a media firestorm when he criticized a longtime Democratic congressman’s job performance, saying his Baltimore district is “a rat and rodent infested mess” and “the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States.”

The president has since pointed out that many of the country’s major cities have similar problems, and nearly all have been run for years by Democrats. Democratic leaders responded by calling Trump a racist, but media interviews in Baltimore and elsewhere found black residents asking the same questions the president is asking.

Like most Republicans, Trump has struggled to attract black voters, but this week’s surveying for the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll has found a bump in black support for the president. Even with the +/-9 margin of error for the smaller sample, it’s a bump that has held up nearly all week.
- http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_c...ack_voters

Obviously blacks, themselves, know that telling the truth isn't racist.

Words matter for sure, but actions do speak louder than words. Leftists believe that good intentions are more important than results. If you meant well and your heart is in the right place, that's what really matters, according to this creed. As Bill Clinton put it so famously: "I feel your pain." And that was enough.

No one cared more about the plight of black Americans than Barack Obama — our first African-American president — who won well more than 90 percent of the black vote. But the sad paradox of Obama's presidency is that a president who was going to lift up black America economically didn't deliver. From 2009 to 2015, the incomes of black Americans fell by more than $900 per family adjusted for inflation.

So far under Trump, median family incomes have risen by more than $1,000, according‎ to Sentier Research and based on Census Bureau numbers. These numbers are not broken down by race, but it's a pretty good bet that black incomes have risen with those of other races under Trump.
The black unemployment rate has fallen by a full percentage point in the last year, black labor force participation is up and the number of black Americans with a job has risen by 600,000 from last year. Preliminary data show black wages and incomes are up since the election.

The rate of job growth per month for blacks under Trump has so far been 40 percent higher than the monthly average under ‎Obama. Trump has averaged nearly 30,000 new black jobs per month. That's especially remarkable because Obama was elected when employment was way down.
- https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/c...story.html

And that's the Chicago Tribune, not Fox News.

Or can black people not think for themselves? O_o
Now that would be racist.
(Aug 4, 2019 07:56 PM)Leigha Wrote: [ -> ]I think that part of the issue is that people who tend to support Trump, simply don't care about his racism.

You write as if the President's "racism" should be obvious for all to see. So what evidence is there for it?

Frankly, I perceive the democrats as the "racist" ones and I support Trump because I oppose "racism". Democrats are the ones always playing identity-politics, trying to divide everyone up according to race, class and gender, hoping to magnify and exacerbate any sense of grievance and alienation. We see any conceivable symbol of our common unity being attacked as a symbol of a (supposedly) hateful past: flag, country, history, traditions. Sports, entertainment and education become politicized, churches are empty, fraternal organizations are dying, the flag gets Kaepernicked, murals of George Washington are painted over, citizenship (and even legal residency) become unimportant, and patriotism and love of country become something shameful.

But once we have finally and permanently lost any sense of common identity, any sense of belonging to something more inclusive and diverse than our own particular little race/class/gender sub-group, then what will remain to unite us?

If, as the professors incessantly tell us, all of our deepest values are "socially constructed", then what happens when society, history and tradition that gave rise to them are finally overturned? What magic will keep everyone on the same "progressive" page? "Progressive" social values aren't all self-evident or God-given. They arise in a context and if the context goes, so do the values.

It's a recipe for anomie. We are already seeing it play out with the collapse of the family, crime rates, school failure, mental illness, lack of self-discipline and a growing general sense of meaninglessness. The Baltimore social disease that the President referred to, the social disease so visible in the tens of thousands of homeless in downtown LA. Something's gone seriously wrong in many of these monolithically progressive places. They simply aren't delivering anything remotely like the social paradise that they promised. It has nothing to do with the color of people's hair or skin, or whether they have ancestors from Africa or Latin America. It has everything to do with defective socialization. The same thing's happening in London and Europe too, for similar reasons.

Quote:They place other political and social issues above Trump's character, in terms of priorities.

Yes, I'm interested in issues far more than I am in personalities.

Quote:So, not all Trump voters are racists, themselves, but that still doesn't matter if they plan to vote a racist into office, again.

I don't intend to vote for a "racist", I intend (tentatively) to vote for President Trump once again. I say tentatively because while I agree with Trump on many of the issues, I don't think that he's necessarily the best one to deliver on his agenda. But frankly, I don't see any better alternative on the immediate horizon. Certainly none of the democrats.

Quote:There could be a third category, I suppose - some Trump voters don't see Trump as racist at all...not sure if that is just ignorance, or apathy.

I would prefer to call it intelligence, discernment and good judgement.
Hear, hear, Yaz.

Until any of these people slinging ad hominems can support them with evidence anyone can agree on...instead of insisting only they can accurately "read between the lines" or interpret the "dog whistles" (that oddly only leftists can hear)..., it's just propagandized ignorance, at best. Group-think masquerading as virtue.