Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: MR's people having a get together
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Viral Area 51 ‘raid’ amasses 1 million recruits, gets Air Force warning

An event called “Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All of Us” appeared on Facebook earlier this month, urging alien enthusiasts everywhere to gather for a history-making mission.

In the past week, the number of people “going” has skyrocketed from 300,000 to 1,000,000 — with an additional 918,000 Facebookers declaring they are “interested.”

“We will all meet up at the Area 51 Alien Center tourist attraction and coordinate our entry,” the invitation reads. “… We can move faster than their bullets. Lets see them aliens.”

The alien “attack” has established itself as the sort-of Burning Man of conspiracy theorist gatherings, attracting techies, vapers, memers, millennials, Gen Zers and even a few eccentric celebs hoping to plug their work for a whole new race of intelligent beings.

You're not likely to see aliens, but you might end up with some anal probing. Win win for MR.

Or you could raid the other alien facilities, like the leftist who endangered detained illegal aliens by trying to ignite a propane tank.
There’s no reason to be mean, Syne.   Confused
There's nothing mean about pointing out a news story that's right in line with MR's professed beliefs.

If he's strictly a pitcher, I deeply apologize.
To My knowledge, Area was whistleblown by a press rep in the 1980s ('84 or some such) about it's use in various bomber prototypes, It caused most clandestine operations conducted there get moved away due to the continued public interest.

From what information I last heard (which isn't much), it's actually leased to a Defense Contractor that deals in Surveillance technology. (Such as Drones) It's one of the main reasons why "visitors" (of the humankind) get chased off so quick (And why you might hear rumours of soldiers in Ghillie suits and strange apparatus in the middle of no where)

Incidentally the main reason for such a large area restriction originally was likely down to the ordinance that such bombers would of likely intended to use originally. (You wouldn't want a populous in the range of fallout should an accident occur during loading etc. There is also the consideration that such areas might also be used to deal with various types of contaminated waste.)

If you want to find aliens, you only have to look to the "Wall", John Snow.
(Jul 16, 2019 02:04 PM)stryder Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to find aliens, you only have to look to the "Wall", John Snow.

While this probably or surely won't result in a zealous mob of tens of thousands overrunning security, it is a tad scary from a portentous standpoint, should significant numbers happen to show up. In the past there's supposedly been "minor" criminal attempts of hurling smartphone, internet-coordinated groups at retail stores to overwhelm them for thievery and vandalism purposes. On larger scales, the idea of a rabble-rouser summoning and organizing huge quantities of conspiracy-inflamed people to storm a variety of important, protected and half-defended establishments is another potential horror looming on the horizon.
https://www.azfamily.com/news/us_world_n...gdpKxPeSpU

"They've got a plan to raid Area 51 and "see them aliens." But what will happen if they actually do it?

Over one million people have signed up to a joke Facebook event, calling on users to meet at Area 51, the US Air Force base in Nevada that's long been a source of alien conspiracy theories, in September.

"If we Naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets," the page says, referencing the Japanese manga-inspired running style with arms outstretched backwards and heads forward. "Let's see them aliens."

A pinned post on the page attempts to cover its bases, reading "Hello US government, this is a joke, and I do not actually intend to go ahead with this plan. I just thought it would be funny and get me some thumbsy uppies on the internet." But as the event has gained traction -- inspiring dozens of memes and jokes -- the profile of the situation has risen, so much so that the US Air Force has been made aware of the potential impending raid.

And they're not as lighthearted about the situation as folks on the internet are.

"[Area 51] is an open training range for the U.S. Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces," a spokeswoman told The Washington Post. "The U.S. Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets."

CNN has reached out to the Air Force and is waiting to hear back.

Area 51 has been a source of alien conspiracy theories for decades

Area 51 was officially acknowledged as an Air Force base in 2013, but has spurred conspiracy theories as an unidentified flying object and alien holding site for decades. In short, it's thought that Area 51 holds all the government secrets about aliens -- though the CIA has published documents confirming its use as a test base.

But it has since been confirmed that the US government has spent $22 million researching UFOs. Just last month a group of US senators were briefed on UFO encounters the US Navy has had, too."
“I posted it on like June 27th and it was kind of a joke," Roberts said. "And then it waited for like three days, like 40 people, and then it just completely took off, out of nowhere. It’s pretty wild.”—Matty Roberts

I don’t think that this took off "out of nowhere". I think that Bob Lazar’s Netflix documentary in December and his recent interview with Joe Rogan gave it legs.
(Jul 18, 2019 07:34 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: [ -> ]“I posted it on like June 27th and it was kind of a joke," Roberts said. "And then it waited for like three days, like 40 people, and then it just completely took off, out of nowhere. It’s pretty wild.”—Matty Roberts

I don’t think that this took off "out of nowhere". I think that Bob Lazar’s Netflix documentary in December and his recent interview with Joe Rogan gave it legs.

Probably a little bump recently from the Christopher Mellon factor, too. Of a former US defense staff member entering the overt company and corporate payrolls phase of post-government career. (Not as if that began for him with the History channel, though -- years before, along with various shareholdings and advisory roles.)
(Jul 20, 2019 03:53 PM)C C Wrote: [ -> ]Probably a little bump recently from the Christopher Mellon factor, too. Of a former US defense staff member entering the overt company and corporate payrolls phase of post-government career. (Not as if that began for him with the History channel, though -- years before, along with various shareholdings and advisory roles.)

Oh, I see. All these UFO enthusiasts are interconnected by this company, To the Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences, even that guy that Yazata mentioned, Robert Bigelow. Hmm…interesting. I did not know that. Thanks, CC!

[Image: 1572539.jpg]
Pages: 1 2