Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Like nothing else
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone remember jet packs? The choice of scenery is considerably more restricted with this, I guess.

Kind of like a kinetic, sky-rail version of the original Okipa ceremony. But minus the hooks in the flesh that contemporary styles of such body suspension still indulge in.

Of course, his suggested function of funeral exhibition added to this "moving around an overhead track" variant would certainly enhance the ritual all the more. And more befitting the loss of barbs, since the corpse couldn't feel them in its skin, anyway.

A Man Called Horse (video clip)
http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/31749...e-Sun.html

###
Quote:Does anyone remember jet packs?

Yeah...we were all supposed to be wearing those by now and jetting about the city. I guess they didn't work out. I bet they make a helluva noise.
Who is unclefather?

The cry for attention reaches beyond the grave here. From his perspective I think someone is suffering from a severe lack of it in this case.. Dont know why but when I looked at the link my first thought was that this kid might be suicidal. He calls it art.,
(Mar 6, 2019 01:26 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: [ -> ]Who is unclefather?

Hmmm... A title of parental respect like "unclefather" sounds like a kinship predicament which Norman Bates' brother Dylan Massett found himself in during/after season two of "Bates Motel".

Or on "Game of Thrones", a classification dilemma which the ill-fated offspring of Cersei and Jamie Lannister would have found themselves in had they known who their real father was.

Of course, a much more benign and less sensationalistic alternative would simply be an adult relative who got left with the custody of raising a very young nephew/niece for a host of potential reasons. But it's the dog who barks insanely that alerts the neighbor that its former owners left it locked in the basement of the next-door house after they moved away. Not the abandoned dog stoically and taciturnly confronting starvation and death like a veteran samurai in an old Masaki Kobayashi movie. (Or some squeaky wheels slash attention-whoring "proverb" like that. Wink) -->

Quote:The cry for attention reaches beyond the grave here. From his perspective I think someone is suffering from a severe lack of it in this case.. Dont know why but when I looked at the link my first thought was that this kid might be suicidal. He calls it art.,

###
Z Wrote:The cry for attention reaches beyond the grave here. From his perspective I think someone is suffering from a severe lack of it in this case.. Dont know why but when I looked at the link my first thought was that this kid might be suicidal. He calls it art.,

Assuming we looked at the same link

https://twitter.com/itsmeBradyB/status/1...7980716032

I saw none of that. The girl we saw on the rail had either chosen or been advised to relax - like a corpse. I think it reasonable to suppose she had not only volunteered but paid for the experience. Choosing to do stupid things for fun is a joie do vivre kind of a thing to do.

In the writer of "This is how I want to be displayed at my funeral." I sense nothing but joie de vivre. For a thanatophobe (google it) the word 'funeral' and 'fun' are incompatible. The guy with irrepressible joie de vivre is going to want to make it fun AND have a last trip down the rail to look forward to.
I thought this young kid was too preoccupied with death or at least making it fun.
(Mar 7, 2019 01:58 AM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this young kid was too preoccupied with death or at least making it fun.

I thought he was just being funny, too. Sort of a self-deprecating sense of humor. It looks like his mother died in 1999. People are posting happy birthday fag to him because he put a rainbow sign on his door that says F. A. G. (fugly and gay).

Laughing at yourself makes you more approachable.

If you can't think of anything, Zinman, just let me know. I'd be happy to help. Wink
(Mar 7, 2019 02:37 AM)Secular Sanity Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 7, 2019 01:58 AM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this young kid was too preoccupied with death or at least making it fun.

I thought he was just being funny, too. Sort of a self-deprecating sense of humor. It looks like his mother died in 1999. People are posting happy birthday fag to him because he put a rainbow sign on his door that says F. A. G. (fugly and gay).

Laughing at yourself makes you more approachable.

If you can't think of anything, Zinman, just let me know. I'd be happy to help.  Wink

This is what I thought of SS.

http://personalityspirituality.net/artic...precation/

Hey I’m Canadian, we apologize for anything. Hell, we’ll even apologize to ourselves. Oh, sorry about that. Tongue
Sorry I’m not Anne Gherini, sorry I’m not a marketing expert like her, sorry I don’t get paid to write shit or write like I’m some kind of psychologist getting paid to write shit.

Maybe laughing at yourself spares others from having to do it. You’re just beating them to the punch. If someone laughs at their mistakes all the time it usually means they make mistakes all the time. Anne recommends hiring that person. Every time that person laughs at themselves on the job it should remind you of hiring that clown.
(Mar 7, 2019 05:22 AM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I thought of SS.

http://personalityspirituality.net/artic...precation/

Hey I’m Canadian, we apologize for anything. Hell, we’ll even apologize to ourselves. Oh, sorry about that. Tongue
Sorry I’m not Anne Gherini, sorry I’m not a marketing expert like her, sorry I don’t get paid to write shit or write like I’m some kind of psychologist getting paid to write shit.

Maybe laughing at yourself spares others from having to do it. You’re just beating them to the punch. If someone laughs at their mistakes all the time it usually means they make mistakes all the time. Anne recommends hiring that person. Every time that person laughs at themselves on the job it should remind you of hiring that clown.

Well, it probably doesn’t work as well for low status individuals.  

Why didn't you think it was funny, Zinman? As an atheist do you consider the dead sacred?

There are lots superstitions and taboos surrounding the dead. For a long time, even organ donation was taboo. It still is in some religions and cultures. Some people even believe that a corpse still holds some status of personhood and that necrophilia is similar to rape.

Consensual necrophilia; is that even a thing?

[Image: 47310616351_ffc7d2f5e2_n.jpg]

Now…that’s what I call going out with a bang.  Big Grin

I wonder if I could sell it on eBay.

Pages: 1 2