Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Share your homemade salad dressing recipes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I usually just use olive oil and vinegar or a variation thereof, and I'm kind of bored of that combo. I'd like something light, but satisfying that brings a salad to life. Please share your recipes, even if they're not light.  Smile
(Feb 24, 2019 06:19 PM)Leigha Wrote: [ -> ]I usually just use olive oil and vinegar or a variation thereof, and I'm kind of bored of that combo.

Supplemental ingredients ranging from lemon juice to tomato juice to honey mustard to sour cream to garlic powder (etc) is about as blandly exotic as I ever got. Each trial experiment usually confined to personal use, since trying to appease the Refined or Store Bought Food Addicts Club in that department usually took homemade out of the picture, anyway. (Along with their infrequent or limited hankering for cottontail diet being the other towering factor.)

Never going to be as imaginatively bold as the radical combination of elements in California Prune Cream Salad, as in that kind of reckless spirit applied to a dressing. Which before it is even tasted could give the "corpse flower" a run in terms of reputation.

###
(Feb 24, 2019 08:57 PM)C C Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 24, 2019 06:19 PM)Leigha Wrote: [ -> ]I usually just use olive oil and vinegar or a variation thereof, and I'm kind of bored of that combo.

Supplemental ingredients ranging from lemon juice to tomato juice to honey mustard to sour cream to garlic powder (etc) is about as blandly exotic as I ever got. Each trial experiment usually confined to personal use, since trying to appease the Refined or Store Bought Food Addicts Club in that department usually took homemade out of the picture, anyway. (Along with their infrequent or limited hankering for cottontail diet being the other towering factor.)  

Never going to be as imaginatively bold as the radical combination of elements in California Prune Cream Salad, as in that kind of reckless spirit applied to a dressing. Which before it is even tasted could give the "corpse flower" a run in terms of reputation.

###

Just adding a few things, mustard or lemon juice might bring my boring dressing a new life. I've always wished I could master homemade blue cheese dressing, using Greek yogurt. I also like Mediterranean dressings but haven't been able to duplicate. CA prune cream salad, not sure I like the sound of this. lol