Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Do you like hot tea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been falling in love with tea, lately. It is soothing, and there are so many choices. Coffee is great, too, but I've been finding tea to be the perfect remedy for a sore throat, or stressful day. Or anything else in between.

I like loose leaf tea, in an infuser. It can all be a little expensive at first to purchase the special canisters, tea leaves, and infuser, but it will be money well spent, because you'll have the canisters forever, and the tea lasts a long time, too.

Do you like hot tea, too? (I'm not all that into iced or chilled tea.)

[Image: 41i5Yqls1OL._SX425_.jpg]
I like hot apple cider. I like iced tea, but that and coffee aren't too kind to teeth. I sometime drink coffee, mostly for warmth...and it's often free at work.
Hot decaf tea, every morning. No coffee for last 15 years. Mocha flavoured milk shakes still my favourite summer drink however.
(Jan 22, 2019 05:15 AM)Syne Wrote: [ -> ]I like hot apple cider. I like iced tea, but that and coffee aren't too kind to teeth. I sometime drink coffee, mostly for warmth...and it's often free at work.
I like that too, but sometimes, loose leaf tea isn't really that bad for your teeth like when you buy a darker tea in teabags, I've noticed. Coffee is comforting. 
(Jan 22, 2019 02:43 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: [ -> ]Hot decaf tea, every morning. No coffee for last 15 years. Mocha flavoured milk shakes still my favourite summer drink however.

Good for you, z! I like that it cleanses too. (tea)
I literally drink nothing but water.

~
(Jan 22, 2019 06:25 PM)C C Wrote: [ -> ]I literally drink nothing but water.

~

I mainly drink water, too. But, wow, that's interesting CC! Do you ever drink alcohol in social settings?
(Jan 22, 2019 06:25 PM)C C Wrote: [ -> ]I literally drink nothing but water.

Not much of a drink CC, as far as taste goes. I usually mix it with something sweet & sugary, lemonade being a favourite. So far no ill effects from that bad habit. Most water I ever drank was during cancer radiation, at least 4 litres every day for a month but not because I was thirsty, more out of necessity. Just reading a piece about Desert Scorpions who quench their thirst by liquefying their captured prey. Vampire Bats .... different story. Need a straw? Big Grin
I like a nice warm creamy chai tea on a cold winter's day. I can't stand water. I drink Crystal Lite Lemonade instead.

[Image: dreamstime_xl_55189593.png]
I can almost taste that, MR. Looks so perfect! Smile
Not had tea for yonks. When I shared a house we used to have tea sessions - huge pot of tea, all welcome.
I'll give it a go in honour of this thread. Loved the tea poem ... Tea, tea, tea... Everyone shut up, tea.