Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: I obtained Parinirvana today by uniting with the source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am now in a permanent state of joy and happiness. I can't stop telling random strangers!
Maybe you'll now be able to find something better to do with your life than spam internet forums.
Ostro, just don't start dancing non-stop.
(Jul 8, 2018 06:06 PM)Ostronomos Wrote: [ -> ]I obtained Parinirvana today by uniting with the source

You died? How are you still writing posts?

Nirvana = ending all rebirths by attaining enlightenment

Parinirvana = physical death of a person who has achieved Nirvana

Perhaps it should be said that in the Patimokkha (the common formulation of the rules for Buddhist monastics), boasting of spiritual attainments is one of the four Parijikas 'defeats' for monastics, offenses that can get a monk thrown out of the order.

These are: sexual transgressions/violations of celibacy, stealing, murder and boasting of spiritual attainments.

These are the worst things that a Buddhist monk can do. I realize that you aren't a monk, but in the Buddhist tradition anyone boasting of spiritual attainments is still uncool.
My connection with the source broke! I basically meditated and identified myself with the supreme as a 100% certainty and I reached Nirvana yesterday. Then, I lost it.

(Jul 9, 2018 02:25 AM)Yazata Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 8, 2018 06:06 PM)Ostronomos Wrote: [ -> ]I obtained Parinirvana today by uniting with the source

You died? How are you still writing posts?

Nirvana = ending all rebirths by attaining enlightenment

Parinirvana = physical death of a person who has achieved Nirvana

Perhaps it should be said that in the Patimokkha (the common formulation of the rules for Buddhist monastics), boasting of spiritual attainments is one of the four Parijikas 'defeats' for monastics, offenses that can get a monk thrown out of the order.

These are: sexual transgressions/violations of celibacy, stealing, murder and boasting of spiritual attainments.

These are the worst things that a Buddhist monk can do. I realize that you aren't a monk, but in the Buddhist tradition anyone boasting of spiritual attainments is still uncool.

I have a personal aversion to the strict and celibate lifestyle choices of monks. The wearing of robes, the daily worship, the meditation. I feel that there are shortcuts to reaching enlightenment that monks overlook in their quest for it.