Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Pictures of God
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I was a little runt we had an old illustrated picture Bible filled with all sorts of images that set the stage for all my future imaginings. One picture really stood out. It was a picture of God himself on his throne with the muscular seraphim all around him singing. His hair was hoary white and his eyes were like fire, and his feet were like brass in a furnace, as it says somewhere in Isaiah. That image stayed with me forever. Every time I thought of God that is what would come to my mind. Strange that God was always this old bearded man on a throne. Why couldn't he be a young man, like Hugh Jackman in a skimpy toga? I guess that'd be a different god. Oh well...here's some pictures of God I found online.

[Image: Schnorr_von_Carolsfeld_Bibel_in_Bildern_1860_001.png][Image: GodInvitingChristDetail.jpg][Image: Sistine-Chapel-detail-Creation-of-sun-mo...ngelo.jpeg][Image: tumblr_m2afzaOKl91r075xco1_500.jpg][Image: 41_00192815.jpg]
[Image: latest?cb=20091023011201]