Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Realistic dolls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Feb 3, 2018 07:23 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.facebook.com/georgehtakei/vi...185340648/

Lt. Sulu is doing this? Damn...

While Mr. Spock would probably say "illogical", I'm more inclined to say "uncanny".

The realism is impressive.
Incredibly realistic looking! I wasn't sure what to expect.
(Feb 9, 2018 12:46 AM)Leigha Wrote: [ -> ]Incredibly realistic looking! I wasn't sure what to expect.

They start out grotesque with their bulging eyes, but gradually become beautiful. (We can watch the transformation.) When he was finishing them, I almost expected the faces to move in his hand and the eyes to look around.
(Feb 9, 2018 02:12 AM)Yazata Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 9, 2018 12:46 AM)Leigha Wrote: [ -> ]Incredibly realistic looking! I wasn't sure what to expect.

They start out grotesque with their bulging eyes, but gradually become beautiful. (We can watch the transformation.) When he was finishing them, I almost expected the faces to move in his hand and the eyes to look around.

lol I felt the same way.  Big Grin That's true talent. 

Eventually, those heads will move...and talk. Just like real people. AI is making amazing strides. We might have a real ''west world'' on our hands soon enough.