Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: My 3 Year Old Is Praying, What Do I Do? + How to stop the atheist infighting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ask Mommy: My 3 Year Old Is Praying, What Do I Do?
http://godlessmom.com/ask-mommy-3-year-old-praying/

EXCERPT: [...] This is a difficult situation, but I firmly believe that if you’re actively promoting critical thought at home, your child will grow out of this. You’re right in assuming that getting mad about it, or insisting on arguing about it could cause her to dig her heels in more, but there are ways to poke holes in these ideas without arguing....

How to Stop the Atheist Infighting
https://www.atheistrev.com/2017/09/how-t...hting.html

EXCERPT: [...] If there aren't plenty of other reasons that might persuade you to stop attacking other atheists online, consider a pragmatic one: it prevents us from effectively challenging the religious majority and advancing our common goals. Instead of continuing to emphasize our disagreements, we could embrace our many agreements and work together to bring about some real change...

- - -
Quote:Ask Mommy: My 3 Year Old Is Praying, What Do I Do?

Introduce various mythologies of gods and goddesses from other cultures and religions to them. Children's books of greek and norse mythology. Tales of Chinese gods and dragons. Empower their imagination to relate to the concept of god as make believe entertainment like fairy tales and tall tales.
I was going to suggest sending her round to Grandma wearing an upside down cross. MR's suggestion gets my vote though.
The influence is in-fact brain washing. the brain washing is being done by the grandmother probably
(considering such brain washing is always founded on bigotted gender stereo typed stuff the child is going to be directed by the women
[probably the grandmother though the article does not actually say who specifically] and collaborated with the male as being the un-questionable male authority figure).
i would suggest cutting the grandmother out of her life completely.
such brain washing of little children against the wishes of the parent secretly is just simpy evil.
no other words for it.

The child is identifying with an adult role model who is outside the parental circle and attributing the discovery part of development to them thus giving it more weight.
instead of discoverying things the childs mind is being damaged by a sadistic self serving peice of crap.
"You need to tell your family that you don’t want them teaching her about god. Tell them that it’s your job to teach her about god, in any way you like. Remind them she is your child and not theirs. Of course, be nice and ask gently but be clear and firm.

They have a choice now. They can either comply with your wishes, or they can continue to do what they have been doing. If they continue, you need to talk to them again, this time telling them there will be consequences for not complying with your parenting choices. Make those consequences something that will motivate them, such as eliminating their time with your daughter altogether. Again, be clear so there is absolutely no way to misinterpret what you’re saying." - http://godlessmom.com/ask-mommy-3-year-old-praying/

Yep, start forming that echo chamber early...and denying your child knowledge of what a vast majority of the world thinks.
Quote:Yep, start forming that echo chamber early...and denying your child knowledge of what a vast majority of the world thinks.

Certainly time better spent in showing your child what the vast majority of scientists know.
(Sep 22, 2017 09:09 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Yep, start forming that echo chamber early...and denying your child knowledge of what a vast majority of the world thinks.

Certainly time better spent in showing your child what the vast majority of scientists know.

And only within the echo chamber are the two mutually exclusive.
(Sep 22, 2017 09:14 PM)Syne Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 22, 2017 09:09 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: [ -> ]

And only within the echo chamber are the two mutually exclusive.

Right..the Creationist fairy tale and evolution just mesh so well with each other.
(Sep 22, 2017 09:20 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: [ -> ]Right..the Creationist fairy tale and evolution just mesh so well with each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution
No need for a God to cause evolution. All the causal mechanisms for evolution such as natural selection and sexual selection are contained within nature itself. There is simply no need for supernatural agencies. That's the nature of science.
Pages: 1 2 3 4