Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Survival guide to the future from 1997: predictions about this era (Survival Lilly)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PREVIOUS INSTALLMENT: Europe's GMO phobia

SURVIVAL LILLY
https://youtu.be/sfygYd8LIPI

VIDEO EXCERPTS: I'm really sorry to say but the bad news doesn't stop. So today I have a really concerning article for you. This is an issue by the George magazine and it was written in February 1997.

Back then they were wondering what the future will look like in 20 years. The title says "Survival Guide to the Future" on this page, which is really interesting. You can see that they predicted a pandemic for 2020. They are saying worst case scenario, an overpopulated planet choked to extinction by an attacking lung virus.

[...] What else do we have in this very eye-opening article? I can't believe that there's so much truth in here...

Survival guide to the future from 1997: predictions about this era
(Feb 24, 2024 08:44 AM)C C Wrote: [ -> ]Survival guide to the future from 1997: predictions about this era

Amazing coincidences just keep happening. Last night I was watching Mayday on Roku and the episode with JFK jr fatal plane crash in 1999 was first up. I knew nothing about George magazine until that show and found out he was the founder or publisher, not sure which. No mention of his own death being predicted but when a student pilot not trained in night flying tries to fly visually only to have night fog and cloud disorient him then it’s easy to say not a good idea.

How many pandemic predictions were made worldwide? I’ve lost count. Some things happen with regularity over the centuries and are easily predictable.