Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Say goodbye to cash: This is how your freedom will end (Survival Lilly)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PREVIOUS INSTALLMENT: https://www.scivillage.com/thread-14848-...l#pid60345

SURVIVAL LILLY
https://youtu.be/EDDfvx-YYtw

VIDEO EXCERPTS: [...] What I would like to have is my personal freedom. But also it is about data protection, and I think it's nobody's business to take a look at my personal data of what I'm eating, or when I'm going out, or when I'm going into the cinema. People underestimate the importance and the value...

[...] Having some cash on hand it's not only a sign of freedom, but it's also a means of payment in emergency situations...

[...] Terrorism. That's one argument that they always bring up. So it's the crime, they say. That cash payments make crime possible. And they would rather take away my freedom and your freedom of paying with cash from law-abiding citizens than going for criminals the old way...

[...] it would certainly erode a big part of our freedom, which is paying with cash. So the quintessential sense of this video is that if you don't use cash to make your transactions, they will sooner or later take this away as a legal means of payment, and make it illegal...

[...] If you want to have freedom, cash equals freedom -- then pay with cash. Pay with cash. It's also a political statement that you pay with cash, because that means that you vote for freedom...

This is how YOUR freedom will end!
I think Lilly’s subscription numbers have dropped over at YouTube so she has switched to the more controversial political platform to rebuild her career over there. I guess it’s still survival in some ways and by doing so she is demonstrating what most people think these days, it’s just as hard to survive a normal life as it is to venture into the woods with no clothes on.

You can see the reflection of an Olympus Camera on her iPhone. Just for grins I checked the internet I read where she recently acquired an Olympus special edition Mark III which in Canada sells for $2400. Do you think she paid cash for it?
(Oct 29, 2023 01:00 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: [ -> ]I think Lilly’s subscription numbers have dropped over at YouTube so she has switched to the more controversial political platform to rebuild her career over there. I guess it’s still survival in some ways and by doing so she is demonstrating what most people think these days, it’s just as hard to survive a normal life as it is to venture into the woods with no clothes on.

You can see the reflection of an Olympus Camera on her iPhone. Just for grins I checked the internet I read where she recently acquired an Olympus special edition Mark III which in Canada sells for $2400. Do you think she paid cash for it?

I'd be surprised if she had to pay anything at all for it, any more than Sungha Jung has to pay for the various expensive guitars he plays slash showcases on his channel. Though she needs to update that link to "Lilly’s camera". Amazon has moved the item to a different webpage or something on its site.

Politics wise, she isn't remotely the level of Canadian Prepper (the stretch of months I last sampled him), who seems to spend most of his time promoting one doomsday crisis or conspiracy after another, rather than going into the woods.

I guess that's why (if the Survivalism subforum is going to have any examples at all of the social movement it espouses) I settle for the Germanic women survivalists.[1] They're milder with respect to the stereotype stuff associated with survivalism. Even that female nurse in the US (whose "celebrity name" eludes my memory) gets as heavy into it as the guys, along with some Biblical apocalyptic affairs thrown in, too.

- - - footnote - - -

[i] The Southeast Asian channels may be the least propaganda-oriented (and the most "strange humor" oriented), but few if anybody visiting here could relate to and have access to tropical rainforests, and the latter's abundant animal and plant resources (including no worries about winter hardships).
(Oct 29, 2023 04:26 PM)C C Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 29, 2023 01:00 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: [ -> ]I think Lilly’s subscription numbers have dropped over at YouTube so she has switched to the more controversial political platform to rebuild her career over there. I guess it’s still survival in some ways and by doing so she is demonstrating what most people think these days, it’s just as hard to survive a normal life as it is to venture into the woods with no clothes on.

I'd be surprised if she had to pay anything at all for it, any more than Sungha Jung has to pay for the various expensive guitars he plays slash showcases on his channel. Though she needs to update that link to "Lilly’s camera". Amazon has moved the item to a different webpage or something on its site.

Politics wise, she isn't remotely the level of Canadian Prepper (the stretch of months I last sampled him), who seems to spend most of his time promoting one doomsday crisis or conspiracy after another, rather than going into the woods.

I guess that's why (if the Survivalism subforum is going to have any examples at all of the social movement it espouses) I settle for the Germanic women survivalists.[1] They're milder with respect to the stereotype stuff associated with survivalism. Even that female nurse in the US (whose "celebrity name" eludes my memory) gets as heavy into it as the guys, along with some Biblical apocalyptic affairs thrown in, too.

- - - footnote - - -

[i] The Southeast Asian channels may be the least propaganda-oriented (and the most "strange humor" oriented), but few if anybody visiting here could relate to and have access to tropical rainforests, and the latter's abundant animal and plant resources (including no worries about winter hardships).

I’m some ways she has a uniqueness to her presentations. I find them kind of stumblebum-like, almost comedic and for some reason I think of Red Green. I especially like it when shes’s searching for an English word, like an adjective or synonym, and she doesn’t quite nail it. Sounds genuine, same as I remember my Ukrainian grandparents struggling to describe things. Plus we’re all ‘Guys’ which is kind of humorous or maybe she thinks her audience is predominantly men, as if women don’t get lost in the wilderness.

However I think it’s sad to see her broadcasting from a car. She practically looks homeless, scratching out a living in a vehicle. Those potentially dangerous natural settings now replaced by a parking lot. I wonder if she’s fallen on hard times, lost her house or was evicted, even suffering from a bout of depression, looking for someone to blame as her world caves in. Perhaps she’s discovered that only a small minority of people actually clamber about the forests or are shipwrecked on deserted isles and that the true survival experience is felt by those we consider living normal lives. Someone should start a new tv survival show, call it Clothed and Afraid.