Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: You will not leave your apartment!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Austria places 1/3 of their nation's population under house arrest.

Why? They aren't vaccinated! Police are authorized to do spot checks of people on the street to see if they have proof of vaccination.

Corona-fascism is growing worse by the day. It's actually scary how a certain kind of politician is using the epidemic to create what can only be called a police state.

In normal circumstances, we might expect that 1/3 of the population being imprisoned to join together with allies among the vaccinated (I expect that many of the vaccinated aren't happy about all the authoritarianism) and vote the corona-fascists out come next election. But nothing is certain any more in our brave new world.

Thankfully, I can't imagine Biden and his people making that kind of edict work here in the US. Too many state and local governments would refuse to cooperate in enforcing it. Even here in deep blue California I've seen local police and sheriffs tell Sacramento to enforce their own damn mandates. And millions of Americans would just ignore anything Washington tells them to do with a cry of "Let's Go Brandon". 

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/aus...e6805fb816

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]
The left has not only moved ever farther left but now they are actively driving people to the right. Seems to be a bit more here than the usual pendulum between the parties.
The unvaccinated are seen as (or cast in the role of) plague carriers. Wilfully endangering the health of another person is (probably) an offence in many countries.

(Nov 15, 2021 02:06 PM)confused2 Wrote: [ -> ]The unvaccinated are seen as (or cast in the role of) plague carriers. Wilfully endangering the health of another person is (probably) an offence in many countries.
You don't agree? La, la, la, sorry can't hear you.
(Nov 15, 2021 02:06 PM)confused2 Wrote: [ -> ]The unvaccinated are seen as (or cast in the role of) plague carriers. Wilfully endangering the health of another person is (probably) an offence in many countries.

You don't agree? La, la, la, sorry can't hear you.

Posted by Noble Sensibility:

Also, it hampers monitoring and treatment of patients with "regular" medical conditions, when a legion of last-minute, infected "Oh, it looks like I could die from this after all" COVID laggards clog up waiting & examination rooms, and emergency facilities.

Which is to say, one should stay committed to one's obstinacy and tough it out at home, rather than interfering with and clogging up what would otherwise be the normal flow of illnesses and injuries at clinics and hospitals. Even if it means the family burial policy is utilized sooner than expected.

Heh. Talk to the hand, Princess and the Pea. Squawk to the hand. 'Cause the ears ain't listening.
Universal healthcare....unless you disagree with our authoritarianism.
The truth is even the vaccinated are capable of catching it and being asymptomatic. (they can be plague carriers in that sense)

What people seem to miss though is that all the posed information for vaccination is based on what is termed science and in science we don't usually force a single perspective. I mean yes we can look towards attempting to identify what is empirical, however sometimes there is a need for control groups and double blinds, otherwise how exactly is the science being tested? (That means there is actually a reason for some people to stay unvaccinated)

Furthermore I probably mentioned this before but if nature took it's course rather than artificial vaccinations being developed, there wouldn't be such thing as long covid and more than likely not as many variants. (Of course that sentiment would require looking at the evidence further before saying its correct.)
Yeah, I'm of the mind that if you believe in evolution, COVID is weeding out the less fit contributors to the gene pool. No where near risking an extinction level event.

Why isn't the left crediting COVID with easing their perceived over-population concerns?
(Nov 15, 2021 10:20 PM)Syne Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I'm of the mind that if you believe in evolution, COVID is weeding out the less fit contributors to the gene pool. No where near risking an extinction level event.

That’s rich coming from a pro-lifer.
If the concern is that hospitals will be clogged with unvaccinated covid patients, reducing availability of medical care for everyone else, then do as Singapore did.

They aren't forcing people to be vaccinated or locking them down in house arrest as far as I know. They just say that if you refuse to get vaxxed, then don't expect a public hospital to treat you if you become ill with covid. Covid in the unvaccinated isn't covered in their national health scheme. (I don't know what kind of private hospitals exist in Singapore.)
(Nov 16, 2021 12:00 AM)Yazata Wrote: [ -> ]If the concern is that hospitals will be clogged with unvaccinated covid patients, reducing availability of medical care for everyone else, then do as Singapore did.

They aren't forcing people to be vaccinated or locking them down in house arrest as far as I know. They just say that if you refuse to get vaxxed, then don't expect a public hospital to treat you if you become ill with covid. Covid in the unvaccinated isn't covered in their national health scheme. (I don't know what kind of private hospitals exist in Singapore.)
In the UK I think we'd find it difficult to turn people away from a hospital even if they don't meet the entry requirements. The idea of having part of a car park set aside for the unvaxxed to die in actually sounds (to me) like more an indication of a wildly authoritarian state than one which merely imposes some restrictions on their freedom.
Pages: 1 2 3