Scivillage.com Casual Discussion Science Forum

Full Version: Wave-particle duality suggests something extra to perception
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the standard scientific experiment of wave-particle duality, photons of light build up a pattern of light and dark bands as if wave-like interference was occurring as the photon passes through the two slits. This is supernatural science at its finest. As it suggests that something extra to what can be perceived is causing the interference. This mysterious occurrence has obvious supernatural implications that it is highly suspicious that the scientific community did not make the connection earlier. In the 1970s technology became sophisticated enough that detectors were used to determine which slit the photon passed through. This phenomenon led to the development of the many-worlds theory. The reason a God was not posited earlier as a reason was due to the fact that religion has so much baggage that the scientific community avoided it at all costs.
exchemist said: ↑
No, I don't agree at all. Many scientists of religious persuasion see the wonders of God's creation as being revealed by the scientific enterprise and are happy to celebrate that. But, being scientists, they understand that the methodology of science is what enables this to be revealed. That methodology is to seek explanations of nature in terms of nature, rather than some external agency.

My response:
I thought I would chime in on this.

You've rightly referred to God as an external agency, rarely internal unless the conditions are right depending on who or what serves as a "supernatural beacon". This could be a high-frequency consciousness i.e. an excited state of consciousness, but never the ordinary natural world. Since the wavefunction itself is the key feature of supernatural phenomenon.

Apparently, the wavefunction, while suspended, can be collapsed by mere thought. And each thought through time collapses this wavefunction repeatedly. That means if you have a paranoia or suspicious fear (while thinking it) that you are a "supernatural beacon" and someone in the unseen world outside your door will try to enter your room to aggressively confront you and they suddenly start banging on your door with no indication of telepathy or thought transference, the wavefunction is in full operation by the excited state of consciousness, which dictates its behavior. This is known more scientifically as "Maxwell's Demon".