• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Did Gaga Goof?

Zinjanthropos Offline
Lady Gaga…
Quote: I'm beautiful in my way 'cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way
Don't hide yourself in regret, just love yourself, and you're set

This refrain is not only interesting in the fact God doesn’t err, but despite that, people still decide to change their biological sex. Seems bit contradictory but who knows with religion being involved.

On another note…My wife was talking about her niece who is in a same sex marriage. Niece has an in vitro son who the two women are raising. Lately she’s been suggesting to my wife that her son, now five, is thinking he’s a female in male body. Scary is that the 5 year old is supposedly making noises that he would like to become female. Not sure if the youngster has indicated he actually wants to be a girl or that his behavior suggests so. I’m thinking the niece is encouraging the youngster to say he wants to change his sex but also not completely sure.

The niece has always claimed she knew she was gay and despite having a few boyfriends at various stages, eventually found the girl she wanted and so on. My wife made the point that since her niece has always said she was born that way then how is it her son gets to decide if he’s female? Seems like more contradictory philosophy. I guess the decision is whether or not one feels they were born this way before going trans. So if you know from the start that god erred or you are naturally gay then is it a decision, one that differs from deciding you need to be a trans? Or as Gaga says, ‘just love yourself’.
stryder Offline
(Apr 1, 2024 05:25 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Lady Gaga…
Quote: I'm beautiful in my way 'cause God makes no mistakes
Don't hide yourself in regret, just love yourself, and you're set

This refrain is not only interesting in the fact God doesn’t err, but despite that, people still decide to change their biological sex. Seems bit contradictory but who knows with religion being involved.

On another note…My wife was talking about her niece who is in a same sex marriage. Niece has an in vitro son who the two women are raising. Lately she’s been suggesting to my wife that her son, now five, is thinking he’s a female in male body. Scary is that the 5 year old is supposedly making noises that he would like to become female. Not sure if the youngster has indicated he actually wants to be a girl or that his behavior suggests so. I’m thinking the niece is encouraging the youngster to say he wants to change his sex but also not completely sure.

The niece has always claimed she knew she was gay and despite having a few boyfriends at various stages, eventually found the girl she wanted and so on. My wife made the point that since her niece has always said she was born that way then how is it her son gets to decide if he’s female? Seems like more contradictory philosophy. I guess the decision is whether or not one feels they were born this way before going trans. So if you know from the start that god erred or you are naturally gay then is it a decision, one that differs from deciding you need to be a trans? Or as Gaga says, ‘just love yourself’.

in regards to the nieces child, Nature vs Nurture perhaps?

Naturally the childs a boy, however he's nurtured in a predominantly female environment and to assimulate by fitting-in might imply he'd want to be more feminine to fit with that social group. What would define free choice (if thats the thing that people agree should be given) is if they are allowed to exist in a mixed gender environment to fit in with their peers over just the nurture environment (although in this day and age parents worry about letting their offspring out there in the wild with their peers as what it might lead to).
Zinjanthropos Offline
Quote: in regards to the nieces child, Nature vs Nurture perhaps?

Naturally the childs a boy, however he's nurtured in a predominantly female environment and to assimulate by fitting-in might imply he'd want to be more feminine to fit with that social group. What would define free choice (if thats the thing that people agree should be given) is if they are allowed to exist in a mixed gender environment to fit in with their peers over just the nurture environment (although in this day and age parents worry about letting their offspring out there in the wild with their peers as what it might lead to).

Stryde, I’ve had them stay with us for weekends and it’s very obvious he’s completely bubble wrapped. Can’t eat this, can’t play with that, cant read this, can’t be a kid. He’s comfortable as long as he’s around the female parents. Away from them he’s very afraid of just about everything. Not saying that type of fear is only a female trait but it makes it impossible to do anything with him. I managed to get him to the dock one day and try fishing. I pulled out a sunfish and he ran away screaming. To be fair my child rearing days were 40+ years ago and I figure some things change.

Right now I don’t think we’re long from hearing from parents he’ll be wanting a sex change. One HE decided was needed. Criminal in my mind. Ontario’s legal age limit is 18. So if he ‘decides’ soon and as he goes through the school system he decides differently, therefore cancelling any surgery, I wonder how the two parents will react?
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:My wife made the point that since her niece has always said she was born that way then how is it her son gets to decide if he’s female?

Having a feminine brain in a male body, or a masculine brain in a female body, is also "being born that way". It's not something they just decided to start being out of the blue one day. It occurs early in the brain's development. Do some research:

"Brain activity and structure in transgender adolescents more closely resembles the typical activation patterns of their desired gender, according to new research. The findings suggest that differences in brain function may occur early in development and that brain imaging may be a useful tool for earlier identification of transgenderism in young people."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...112351.htm

"There are sex differences in the brain at the structural level and also how male and female brains perform certain tasks," said neuroscientist Julie Bakker of the University of Liege in Belgium via email. Bakker’s research “found that adolescents with gender dysphoria had brain activity patterns very similar to their desired/experienced gender,” she wrote. “At the moment, most available evidence suggests that it is a developmental effect, taking place before birth, but of course, we cannot rule out any effects of sex hormones later in life.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4223342/trans...-research/
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Apr 2, 2024 04:18 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:
Quote:My wife made the point that since her niece has always said she was born that way then how is it her son gets to decide if he’s female?

Having a feminine brain in a male body, or a masculine brain in a female body, is also "being born that way". It's not something they just decided to start being out of the blue one day. It occurs early in the brain's development. Do some research:

"Brain activity and structure in transgender adolescents more closely resembles the typical activation patterns of their desired gender, according to new research. The findings suggest that differences in brain function may occur early in development and that brain imaging may be a useful tool for earlier identification of transgenderism in young people."

"There are sex differences in the brain at the structural level and also how male and female brains perform certain tasks," said neuroscientist Julie Bakker of the University of Liege in Belgium via email. Bakker’s research “found that adolescents with gender dysphoria had brain activity patterns very similar to their desired/experienced gender,” she wrote. “At the moment, most available evidence suggests that it is a developmental effect, taking place before birth, but of course, we cannot rule out any effects of sex hormones later in life.”

Male brain in a woman’s body and vice versa…no way.  I’ll give you some physical differences but that’s all.

This looks interesting 
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...e%20sexes.

Excerpt:
Quote: Men and women's brains do differ slightly, but the key finding is that these distinctions are due to brain size, not sex or gender," Dr. Eliot said.

"Sex differences in the brain are tiny and inconsistent, once individuals' head size is accounted for."

The unusually large study of studies, "Dump the 'dimorphism': Comprehensive synthesis of human brain studies reveals few male-female differences beyond size," published in Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, finds that size is the only clear-cut difference between male and female brains.
Magical Realist Offline
(Apr 2, 2024 05:01 AM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
(Apr 2, 2024 04:18 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:

Male brain in a woman’s body and vice versa…no way.  I’ll give you some physical differences but that’s all.

This looks interesting 
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...e%20sexes.

Excerpt:
Quote: Men and women's brains do differ slightly, but the key finding is that these distinctions are due to brain size, not sex or gender," Dr. Eliot said.

"Sex differences in the brain are tiny and inconsistent, once individuals' head size is accounted for."

The unusually large study of studies, "Dump the 'dimorphism': Comprehensive synthesis of human brain studies reveals few male-female differences beyond size," published in Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, finds that size is the only clear-cut difference between male and female brains.

So it's just a coincidence that transgender brains resemble their experienced gender's brains in function or structure? Not buying it. The bulk of the studies show otherwise. Do you need more?

Quote:I’ll give you some physical differences but that’s all.

Yeah...that's what the studies show. Structural differences are physical differences.

"There are sex differences in the brain at the structural level and also how male and female brains perform certain tasks," said neuroscientist Julie Bakker of the University of Liege in Belgium via email. Bakker’s research “found that adolescents with gender dysphoria had brain activity patterns very similar to their desired/experienced gender,” she wrote.

Here's an article about the "physical" and behavioral differences between male and female brains:

https://stanmed.stanford.edu/how-mens-an...different/

Even more differences!

https://www.nm.org/healthbeat/healthy-ti...20in%20men.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Are you trying to say the physical sex by which society attributes gender of a baby means nothing because we need to wait for the brain to develop its preferred gender? Is this while in the womb? Or do some brains take longer? When does consciousness take over?

Another thing….I just find it odd that there should be cases of trans women raping other women or that there are people who mutilate themselves to look more like the sex they think they are. Pretty normal stuff you figure?
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:Are you trying to say the physical sex by which society attributes gender of a baby means nothing because we need to wait for the brain to develop its preferred gender? Is this while in the womb?

No..ofcourse not. Being transgender is a matter of what gender a person experiences themselves to be as they grow up. And I don't see any reason for anyone to try to determine that from looking at prenatal brain scans.

Quote:Another thing….I just find it odd that there should be cases of trans women raping other women or that there are people who mutilate themselves to look more like the sex they think they are. Pretty normal stuff you figure?

LOL! Don't know where you dug up those incidents or how you justify generalizing them to all transgender people. Are you saying transgenders are mentally ill or something? Do you have any studies to support that?
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Apr 2, 2024 05:41 PM)Magical Realist Wrote:
Quote:Are you trying to say the physical sex by which society attributes gender of a baby means nothing because we need to wait for the brain to develop its preferred gender? Is this while in the womb?

No..ofcourse not. Being transgender is a matter of what gender a person experiences themselves to be as they grow up. And I don't see any reason for anyone to try to determine that from looking at prenatal brain scans.

Quote:Another thing….I just find it odd that there should be cases of trans women raping other women or that there are people who mutilate themselves to look more like the sex they think they are. Pretty normal stuff you figure?

LOL! Don't know where you dug up those incidents or how you justify generalizing them to all transgender people. Are you saying transgenders are mentally ill or something? Do you have any studies to support that?

All I wanted to know is that when a child decides to become trans is whether or not they are, in reality, deciding they were born that way(the opposite sex). Obviously physical characteristics may indicate otherwise so it has to come from the brain. IOW ‘born this way’ has nothing to do with external or internal features normally used to determine sex at birth or later in life, up to and including DNA. Like being born with a womb or being pregnant doesn’t mean you’re a woman for example.
Magical Realist Offline
You don't think acting masculine and feminine comes from the brain? I mean even since our school days we are all familiar with masculine acting females and feminine acting males. Tomboys and fairies I believe they were called. And usually these mannerisms were linked to homosexual orientations. So why wouldn't one's gender identity also come from the brain? Of course its all due to it. How can it not be? The social stigma and duress from identifying with your opposite DNA gender the rest of your whole life cannot possibly be anything anyone would just opt for for the hell of it. It is all based on the brain. It's something they feel compelled to do and only feel natural doing. Forcing them to be otherwise only results in depression and often suicide:

https://www.science.org/content/article/...dy-reports