Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Intentional or Accidental

Zinjanthropos Offline
I play the online game Squaredle fairly often but today made me wonder and chuckle. Does it ever stop and are people really influenced that easy? I say that because today’s puzzle contains the words Allah & Hamas in amongst the mix. Wonder if they are taking flak from John Q or Protest groups. Sometimes people send in games so perhaps this was overlooked by censors but who knows. I can only send you my copy which has all the answers so just go to Squaredle online for todays and have some fun while at it.
Syne Offline
In the current circumstances, I'd be apt to think it's intentional. Plenty of game developers are staffed with leftists nowadays.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Feb 17, 2024 08:05 PM)Syne Wrote: In the current circumstances, I'd be apt to think it's intentional. Plenty of game developers are staffed with leftists nowadays.

I also found the word halal (lawful or permitted) in there. I was thinking someone could use an online game to send coded messages, who knows? I suppose leftists could subliminally try and sneak some in there. I think intentional too. I checked a few hours ago to see if there’s something on this on the internet but struck out.
Syne Offline
Halal is the Islamic version of kosher. Probably just the leftist tendency to support terrorists.
Zinjanthropos Offline
A slight variation with couple English words in today’s but I find Houthi, holy and horror. Coincidence? Methinks someone is rooting for Palestine and Islam. Ingenious way to get their message out there. Never did see anything written complaining about the 17th puzzle.

I recall reading about the Allies worried about some code words for WWII’s June 6th invasion contained in daily newspaper crosswords (e.g. Overlord).