Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

stryder Offline
(Jan 24, 2024 01:30 AM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Was wondering about the next James Bond movie, that is if there is one. Looks like it will happen but not just yet.

https://www.dexerto.com/tv-movies/bond-2...d-1950420/

Bond generally has attempted to adapt over the years to suit the market. Some of the things that he has done in various films in the past is likely not something that would work nowadays. So the problem is how to appeal to new audiences while creating something refreshing to the old ones.

As mentioned in the article, one method is to actually go back to Bonds roots, rather than casting in a modern day, go back to the start of it all an how the character came about.

Further to that there is always the potential of spin-offs, such as was Moneypenny just a Secretary, or was she actually a liaison/agent to keep an eye on Bond just incase he crossed the line etc. (Theres so many ways to spin that)

There is then the potential of 'Q', while not actively out in the field in his twilight years, it doesn't mean he wasn't part of something that has it's own tale to tell. (considering the various gadgets to deal with situations as they arise etc)
Zinjanthropos Offline
Quote: Further to that there is always the potential of spin-offs, such as was Moneypenny just a Secretary, or was she actually a liaison/agent to keep an eye on Bond just incase he crossed the line etc. (Theres so many ways to spin that)

I always looked forward to the early exchange between Bond & Moneypenny*. Then there was Q who gave us a preview of what secret weapon Bond would deploy later. Loved Dench as M. I just hope Ms Broccoli is smart enough to not go Woke.

*We haven’t had many famous residents in our little town over the decades but Lois Maxwell was one of them.
C C Offline
(Jan 24, 2024 03:00 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: [...] I just hope Ms Broccoli is smart enough to not go Woke. [...]

You know that's inevitable somewhere down the road, especially since not even Doctor Who was sacred enough to avoid the transgender and transracial shears. Though given how asexual the character was in the earlier days, maybe DW was a bit of a pioneering forerunner to begin with.

Which takes us to how it is literally a moral necessity that Bond at some point be instantiated as a roundish-looking, non-binary, non-white, innate celibate. To make up for all those years of privileged misconduct, objectification
of women (including sexualized Bond girls), and abusive lustful behavior in general.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Quote: it is literally a moral necessity that Bond at some point be instantiated as a roundish-looking, non-binary, non-white, innate celibate. To make up for all those years of privileged misconduct, objectification
of women (including sexualized Bond girls), and abusive lustful behavior in general.

NOOOOOOOOO !!! Say it ain’t so.

If it’s just me and everything else is originating or channeling through me from some universal consciousness realm then there’s got to be something wrong….why in Hell would I want that? Big Grin

I think you may have hit on why it’s taking so long between flicks so maybe she’s just waiting for Woke to fade away.
C C Offline
(Jan 24, 2024 07:12 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
Quote:it is literally a moral necessity that Bond at some point be instantiated as a roundish-looking, non-binary, non-white, innate celibate. To make up for all those years of privileged misconduct, objectification of women (including sexualized Bond girls), and abusive lustful behavior in general.

NOOOOOOOOO !!!  Say it ain’t so.

If it’s just me and everything else is originating or channeling through me from some universal consciousness realm then there’s got to be something wrong….why in Hell would I want that?  Big Grin 

I think you may have hit on why it’s taking so long between flicks so maybe she’s just waiting for Woke to fade away.

Barbara Broccoli is 63, so probably in a half-decade or so she and her 82-year-old half-brother will pass the baton over to an ultra-socially conscious Zoomer.

The only offspring of the family itself available that could take the reigns is David G. Wilson. But it sounds like he's more interested in video games and online television than movie-making: "Nothing lasts forever, and the film industry has had a really good run. It has influenced a lot of things in society, but I think it has ceded that position to those new entrants [video games and streaming]."

Someone like Ann Biderman -- who favors even taciturn macho types like the Ray Donovan character she created -- might protect the vastly more articulate Bond from the march against systemic oppression. But she's a decade older than Broccoli, and no British citizenry ties at all.