Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Article  "Scientific American" is back to distorting the facts to buttress its ideology

C C Offline
https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2023/10/2...-ideology/

INTRO (Jerry Coyne): It’s been a while since Scientific American has published misleading and distorted articles to buttress its “progressive” Left ideology, and I hoped they had shaped up. (To be honest, I haven’t followed the magazine, and got the following link from a reader.) My hope was dashed yesterday when I read this new article claiming that women constituted a high proportion of hunters in early hunter-gatherer societies. It is full of misconceptions and distortions (some of which must be deliberate), neglects contrary data, is replete with tendentious ideological claims, and even misrepresents the claim they’re debunking. You can read it for free [...] going here..... (MORE - details, analysis of article)
confused2 Offline
I had all of this from my gf 50 years ago.

After reading Cosmopolitan Magazine ..

She was stronger than me .. she clearly wasn't.
She could run faster than me .. fail by a wide margin.
She could run further than me .. again fail by a wide margin.
She was cleverer than me .. she was. Don't quote me on this but.. you learn by your mistakes.

Given the choice between having to read Comopolitan and a slow and painful death - I think I'd have no choice but to go with the sapd.

Edit..
There's are times and places where Girl Code Central meets up with Ovulation Day - I honestly don't think anyone without ovaries is ever going to be able to get to that place no matter how hard they try.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The unscientific "Scientific American" + "Washington Post" caters to past lives C C 0 40 May 7, 2024 05:50 PM
Last Post: C C
  Article Scientific American proposes policing the language of astronomy C C 1 88 Jan 10, 2024 04:09 AM
Last Post: Secular Sanity
  Article Coyne: Most extreme incursion of ideology into ecology & evolution I've ever seen C C 0 73 Jun 3, 2023 02:25 PM
  Article Once again, Scientific American ideology distorts science: "Animal sex is not binary" C C 0 57 May 19, 2023 02:05 PM
  Article Why science & its journals should remain free of ideology: an example from "Nature" C C 0 70 Mar 23, 2023 02:50 PM
  Controlled experiments show doctors dismissing evidence due to ideology C C 1 80 Feb 11, 2023 01:24 AM
Last Post: confused2
  Ideology stomps all over chemistry in a new paper C C 0 84 Jan 17, 2023 03:38 AM
  "Science is political": Defending its soapbox antics, SciAm fully looses its cred? C C 1 353 Nov 12, 2022 06:10 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  A political ideology infused paper on how to teach college biology C C 0 303 Oct 20, 2022 12:44 AM
  Scientific American finds SETI racist & colonialist + Fat acceptance movement (Maher) C C 2 143 Aug 14, 2022 11:01 PM
Last Post: Syne